Predicting the Performance of Flexible-Duct Systems
- Development of Recycling Green Building Material Evaluation and Labeling System in Taiwan. Jyh-Tyng Yau; Shih-Chi Lo; Jyh-Dong Lin // Proceedings of the International Conference on Waste Technology ;2008, p741
While the architectural industry not only exploits the materials from the natural earth resource, producing a huge influence on the earth environment, but also imposes a direct influence upon the users of the buildings. In this connection, the development of sustainable architecture and...
- ECOBUILD PRESENTS OPPORTUNITY TO UNITE BEHIND GREEN DEAL. // Builders Merchants Journal;Feb2014, p36
The article reports that Sustainable Building Solutions (SBS), a division of the Travis Perkins Group, is emphasizing the importance of supporting the Green Deal initiative of the British government.
- A View of the Technology Landscape. Arnold, Scott // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Oct2004 Supplement, Vol. 76, p5
Introduces a series of articles about the implications of the proliferation of networked building controls for green building designs.
- Plug Load Factors. Turner, Fred // ASHRAE Journal;May2011, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including plug load design factors for non-residential buildings, the system for Skyline High School in Michigan, and the expansion of St. Johns School in Montreal.
- Puyallup City Hall Goes Green. Piell, Amanda B. // Buildings;Nov2009, Vol. 103 Issue 11, p10
The article describes the green features of the city hall in Puyallup, Washington. The building was designed with various sustainable applications, such as a rainwater collection and reuse system, natural daylight and sunshading, green roof and a raised floor air-distribution system. The city of...
- The Big Green Apple. Beazant, Gareth // Professional Engineering;7/12/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p28
The article reports on environmentally sustainable building designs in New York City. It focuses on the construction of One Bryant Park, also known as the Bank of America Tower, which has begun in the heart of downtown New York, near Times Square. One Bryant Park is aiming for zero net carbon...
- LCAs, EPDs, and Increased Product Transparency. Rapoport, Julie // Construction Specifier;Mar2013, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p72
This article explains the process and importance of product transparency and answers the following questions: How do lifecycle assessments (LCAs), environmental product declarations (EPDs), and product category rules (PCRs) relate to each other? How can EPDs be used to evaluate products for...
- On the acoustic performance of a precast panel system made from environmentally sustainable concrete: application in sports hall buildings. Rajagopalan, Priyadarsini; Leung, Tony C. Y. // Architectural Science Review;May2013, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p118
The use of green building materials and products promotes conservation of non-renewable resources and help reduce associated environmental impacts. This article reports the acoustical performance of a precast panel system made largely from concrete waste material. Two major applications for such...
- Nation's First Green Hospital is Still Performing. // Buildings;Nov2007, Vol. 101 Issue 11, p14
The article reports that the Providence Newberg Medical Center in Portland, Oregon, built in 2006, has celebrated its 1-year anniversary. It became the first and only Gold LEED-certified medical center in the U.S. when it met Oregon's stringent structural standards for hospitals while...