EVERY SYSTEM NEEDS A GOOD FLUSH
- The extremes of too hot and too cold help to keep this niche market very profitable. // Aftermarket Business;08/01/96, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on the buying habits of automotive antifreeze by consumers in the United States in 1996. Do-it-yourself participation; Gender differences; Occupation; Categories.
- Price hikes for raw materials up cost of antifreeze. Guyette, James E. // Aftermarket Business;07/01/97, Vol. 107 Issue 7, p41
Focuses on antifreeze manufacturers' concerns over a shortage of raw materials. Predicted annual growth rate of the antifreeze market and demand for antifreeze products by the year 2000; Shortage of ethylene glycole; Description of several brands of coolants.
- Safer antifreeze. Dubicki, Elizabeth // Cats Magazine;Feb97, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p10
Introduces Prestone Low Tox, an antifreeze/coolant which provides an added margin of safety if ingested by pets and wildlife by Prestone Products Corp.
- There is a right way. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Sep96, Issue 526, p6
Looks at several types of antifreeze used by the US Army on its vehicles. Promotion of MIL-A-46153 antifreeze for use in tactical and combat vehicles operating in temperatures down to minus 50 degrees Fahrenheit; MIL-A-11755 arctic antifreeze for use in those same vehicles operating in...
- Toxic antifreeze. // Good Housekeeping;Oct98, Vol. 227 Issue 4, p50
Introduces the Prestone LowTox antifreeze, which is 20 times less toxic than conventional antifreeze. Adverse effects of high level of exposure to antifreeze solutions; Approval of the Prestone LowTox antifreeze by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
- Antifreeze goes green as Sierra enters the battle. // Automotive Marketing;Oct93, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p26
Features developments in environmental aspects of the antifreeze industry. Safe Brands Corp.'s Sierra brand of nontoxic antifreeze made with propylene glycol (PG); Prestone Technology Systems' (PTS) antifreeze recycling franchises.
- Consumer automotive research study antifreeze. // Automotive Marketing;Mar1997, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p32
Provides information on the Consumer Automotive Repair Study on consumer response on antifreeze/coolant sales in 1996. Comparison between do-it-yourself (DIY) and non do-it-yourself consumers; Information on antifreeze installation; Where consumers purchase antifreeze products.
- Cooling system is taken for granted; previous brand experience is key. // Aftermarket Business;07/01/97, Vol. 107 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the results of a survey of consumers of anti-freeze solutions conducted by `Aftermarket Business' in 1997. Reason for buying anti-freeze solutions; Repair/maintenance work done on respondents' vehicles when anti-freeze solutions were added; Where anti-freeze solutions were commonly...
- Antifreeze and Your Chiller. Martin, Rex // Process Cooling & Equipment;May/Jun2003, p25
Focuses on the importance of antifreeze in protecting chiller from flash freezing and damage. Maintenance of the chiller's integrity; Reduction of corrosion; Assessment of the water quality and system design.