Smart Grid: Where Are We With This, Really?
- Smart meters are only part of the answer. Warren, Andrew // Utility Week;9/24/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p11
The author offers his view about the impact of a plan to equip every households in Great Britain with smart meters between 2012 and 2020 on energy consumption. He cites that the use of smart meters will allow a more effective load-shifting. He states that a trial of smart meters conducted by the...
- Energy conservation work is good opportunity for hvac contractors. Bas, Ed // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/5/93, Vol. 188 Issue 14, p16
Focuses on energy conservation and weatherization efforts of hvac contractors. Concerns over indoor air quality (IAQ); Dangers of too-tight buildings; British thermal unit (Btu) tax proposed by American President Bill Clinton; Common causes of energy wastage; Ignorance of consumers.
- Saving energy can be simple. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;09/22/97, Vol. 202 Issue 4, p38
Offers tips on how to minimize energy consumption of heating and ventilation systems.
- Single Core Hardware Module to Implement Digital Residential Electric Meter with A Single System Clock. Rahman, Labonnah F.; Mamun, Md.; Husain, H.; Marufuzzaman, Mohd.; Sanusi, Hilmi // Journal of Applied Sciences Research;Nov2011, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p1041
Analogue solution of energy measurement do not synchronize to a clock or crystal but calculates the product of current and voltage continuously thus facing the lack of stability, accuracy drifts over large variations in operating environment and long periods of time. In this research, we have...
- Selling home energy-saving services is prime market for hvac contractors. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/12/94, Vol. 193 Issue 15, p16
Focuses on the success of Canella Heating and Air. Owner Craig Canella's use of conservation testing to turn his business around; Profitability from selling energy-conservation services; Canella's teaching of blower door testing.
- the NEWS PODCASTS. Clark, Cade // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/3/2013, Vol. 249 Issue 5, p38
The article presents questions and answers related to the heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) industry which include the background of the Shaheen-Portman bill, and how does it differs from the 2011 version.
- How much energy does that high-efficiency chiller waste? Yes, we said waste. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/12/2012, Vol. 247 Issue 11, Special section p3
The article reports on the increased effort of Fluke Corp. to its training and awareness work in power quality troubleshooting to the heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) community.
- ASHRAE Seeks Simplified Energy Conservation Standard. // Environmental Design & Construction;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the call of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers for the simplification of standards for energy conservation in the U.S.
- Some Energy Saving Advice for Customers. Hall, John R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/25/2001, Vol. 213 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the energy saving advice which companies in the United States heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration trades provide to their customers. Sale of high efficiency equipment; Energy-saving measures; Installation of a building control system.