Grain-Size Trend Analysis for the Determination of Non-Biogenic Sediment Transport Pathways on the Kwinte Bank (southern North Sea), in Relation to Sand Dredging
- Scanning The Seabed. Lanckneus, Jean; De Jonghe, Erwin // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Mar2007, p12
The article reports on the importance of hydrographic tools to dredging contractors for locating aggregates, wrecks and navigation hazards. Side-scan sonar is the most suitable tool when searching for seabed debris. A new methods for describing seabed morphology was provided by multibeam...
- Happy Christmas! // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Dec2002, p3
Focuses on the aggregates dredging industry in Great Britain. Assessment of the policing systems of the industry; Conservation records of the contractors; Sustainability of marine aggregate dredging.
- Dredging For Tomorrow's World. Russell, Mark // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Dec2002, p22
Focuses on the marine aggregates dredging in Great Britain. Increase use of aggregates in the construction industry; Transparency of the dredging operations; Evaluation of the production licenses. INSETS: BMAPA;Boom In Qatar;North To North-East.
- Study confirms dredging's environmental friendliness. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Apr2001, p6
Presents information on a research project to assess the impact of aggregates dredging on marine life, commissioned by the British Marine Aggregate Producers Association (BMAPA). Results of the survey; Other projects initiated by BMAPA; Suggestions for the dredging.
- Dynamic changes in environment condition and microbial community structure in trench and flat seabed sediments of Tokyo Bay, Japan. Hasanudin, U.; Fujita, M.; Koibuchi, Y.; Fujie, K. // Water Science & Technology;2005, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p107
Dynamic changes in the chemical environment in the bottom of overlying water and microbial community structure in trench and flat seabed sediments were evaluated during summer and autumn in Tokyo Bay, Japan, to elucidate the response of microbial community changes as a consequence of dredging...
- Palm Island dredgers sand and deliver. // Process Engineering;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p34
The article announces that Palm Deira in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in the Gulf of Arabia will be the third and last region's new Palm Islands. The construction of the man-made island is scheduled to finish some time before 2015, which involves dredging one billion tons of rock and sand from...
- Sedimentological and biological changes associated with the construction of the oil terminal of Antifer, France Monbet, Y. // Water Science & Technology;1984 Part 2, Vol. 16 Issue 3/4, p399
No abstract available.
- International Year of Planet Earth 5. Applications of Seafloor Mapping on the Canadian Atlantic Continental Shelf. Todd, Brian J.; Shaw, John // Geoscience Canada;Jun2009, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p81
Canada's final mapping frontier is its offshore territory. Compared to Canada's landmass, only a limited portion of Canada's seafloor has been mapped using the modern technology of multibeam sonar. Where this high-resolution mapping technique has been applied on Canada's Atlantic continental...
- British aggregate dredgers commit to environmental sustainability. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Sep99, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p11
Reports on the two significant voluntary initiatives launched in 1999 by the Crown and the British Marine Aggregate Producers Association to improve the management of Great Britain's marine aggregate resources. Agreed measures aimed at balancing environmental sustainability with the health of...