Putting the 'Work' in 'Network'
- Regulatory Compliance and Critical System Protection. MacCleary, Randy // Energy & Power Management;Sep2006, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p20
The article discusses the importance for information technology professionals to be aware of regulatory compliance and standards on data integrity and availability in the U.S. From a power protection standpoint, availability, integrity and accountability are the most important. Various laws,...
- 7. Software makes hard job a little more manageable. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;1/10/94, Vol. 10 Issue 1, Strategic space planning p22
Reports on the advantages in using computers for facility management. Availability of software programs; Tracking of movable equipment and furniture; Centralization of functions of facilities.
- TYING IT TOGETHER WITH AN EMS. Klein, John // Journal of Property Management;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p14
The article focuses on the potential of an energy management system in a building in maximizing efficiency. It notes that an EMS can perform several functions including identification of optimal start and stop times of an equipment automatically, guiding the movement of conditioned air, and...
- Design Integration of Facilities Management: A Challenge of Knowledge Transfer. Jensen, Per Anker // Architectural Engineering & Design Management;2009, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p124
One of the problems in the building industry is a limited degree of learning from experiences of use and operation of existing buildings. Development of professional facilities management (FM) can be seen as the missing link to bridge the gap between building operation and building design. The...
- FM–a data processing solution. Unwin, Geoff // Accountancy;Apr1978, Vol. 89 Issue 1016, p89
Examines the benefits of facilities management (FM) on data processing in the company. Relocation of data processing facility to an FM contractor, an established computer services supplier; Provision of substantial savings on the existing cost by the client; Continuity of employment with...
- Universal Translator. Seidl, Reinhard // ASHRAE Journal;Jul2007, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on processing building data from energy management and controls systems (EMCS) using the Universal Translator (UT) software tool developed by the Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) as part of the energy savings and incentives program sponsored by the California Division...
- Unhappy with your computer? ...Don't shoot the analyst. Cassola, George // Accountancy;Dec1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1096, p141
Discusses problems of system design, and some remedies for such problems. First stumbling block encountered by the system analyst; Responsibility of the user for the system design; Aspects of the management information problem; Role of the date processing department.
- Rick's Tips. // Frontline Solutions;Nov2000, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p13
Discusses three options for reducing system implementation failure in information technology and electronic data processing. System demonstration; Conference room pilot; Prototype or pilot; Recommendation for prototype development.
- So you want to be a systems integrator? Duris, Rick // Frontline Solutions;Nov2000, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p70
Describes the author's negative experience as a customer of an undisclosed systems integrator. Integrator's refusal to remedy the electronic data processing problem presented by the customer; Emphasis on the importance of customer service; Characteristics of the systems integration business.