Commissioning for Schools
- Sporting a NEW LOOK. Lockwood, Matt // Environmental Design & Construction;Sep2009, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p27G
The article features the University of Toledo's Memorial Field House and facilities that integrate environmental friendly design in Toledo, Ohio. It notes that the university is consisted with 54 state-of-the-art classrooms, 70 faculty offices, and three-story central atrium, a 250-seat...
- Green Building and Human Health. FEDRIZZI, RICK // Environmental Design & Construction;Apr2014, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p16
The article discusses the efforts of the U.S. Green Building Council (USBC) in implementing initiatives for building sustainability in the country. Tackled are the best practices in designing buildings through the Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design Green Building Rating System (LEED)....
- LEED: making the right choice. Horwitz-Bennett, Barbara // Contract;Apr2008, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p120
The article presents information on the U.S. Green Building Council's (USGBC) Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design certification programs (LEED). Doug Gatlin, vice president, market development, said that LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance is not for construction or...
- Commissioning lighting systems. CHOW, MICHAEL // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Dec2014, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p22
The article discusses the standards for commissioning lighting systems in the U.S. It discusses the Green Building Council Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) certification, and the compliance of the American Society of Heating Refrigerating & Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)...
- Unique Hotel Earns LEED Gold Certification. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/28/2011, Vol. 242 Issue 9, p18
The article reports that Hotel Indigo Athens has gained the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold status in Georgia. Hotel Indigo was developed by Rialto Partners LLC and managed by Park Place Hospitality Group. According to Tommy Linstroth, director of sustainability at...
- A Better Built Environment through LEED. Hucal, Michelle // Sustainable Facility;Jun/Jul2009, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Rick Fedrizzi on the measurement and assessment building performance, another by Tommy Linstroth on the certification levels of Leadership in Energy and Design (LEED), and one by Michael Berning on the importance...
- POINT: Green is Losing its Luster. Murphy, Mike // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/25/2011, Vol. 243 Issue 13, p30
In this article the author discusses aspects of the quality lost by the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) movement in the U.S.
- COUNTERPOINT: Green Is Continuing to Grow and Improve. Gargaro, Kyle // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/25/2011, Vol. 243 Issue 13, p30
In this article the author discusses aspects of the continuous growth and improvement of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating systems in the U.S.
- CHICAGO BUILDING RECEIVES LEED PLATINUM. // Elevator World;Mar2012, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p24
The article announces that the Greenhouse Loft in Chicago, Illinois has achieved Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Platinum certification.