Ceiling-Mounted Air Conditioner Chosen to Cool Health Clinic's Data Room
- Mixed-Mode Cooling. Brager, Gail S. // ASHRAE Journal;Aug2006, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p30
The article reflects on mixed design of cooling system of the past and the present times. The author recalled the natural ventilation for cooling. Technological capabilities, according to the author has made the discoveries of air-conditioning systems in buildings. The author also pointed out...
- VFR Systems: A Ductless Alternative. Beets, Lisa Murton // Contractor Magazine;Spring/Summer2010 AHRI Trends, p14
The article discusses the use of variable refrigerant flow (VRF) technology in the U.S. market. It states that ductless VRF systems permit various indoor air handlers to be connected to one outdoor condensing unit to provide heating and cooling temperature especially in some commercial and...
- Help prevent commercial startup failures. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/03/99, Vol. 207 Issue 1, p1
Discusses the projected increase in air conditioning breakdown in the United States with the start of the 1999 summer season. Common problems associated with electrical failure of the driving motor or mechanical parts breaking in the compressor; Business interruption losses from air...
- Almost No Limit To The Uses For Portable Cooling. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/15/2002, Vol. 216 Issue 11, p17
Reports on the use of portable cooling equipment aside from emergency cases. Provision of supplemental air conditioning solutions; Use of the equipment by people in need of spot cooling; Importance of the portable equipment to contractors. INSET: Added Value To Contractors And Customers.
- Tech Challenge. Shaw, Dick // IE3;Mar2013, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p14
A quiz related to air conditioning system installation and inadequate cooling, is presented.
- CHAPTER 51: EVAPORATIVE COOLING. // ASHRAE Handbook: HVAC Applications;2007, p51.1
Chapter 51 of the book "2007 ASHRAE Handbook: Heating, Ventilating and Air-Conditioning Applications," Inch-Pound Edition, by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers Inc. (ASHRAE) is presented. It explores the applications of evaporative cooling for comfort...
- FYI …. Siegel, J.J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/27/2004, Vol. 223 Issue 4, p5
Presents news briefs related to the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration industry in the United States as of September 2004. Partnership between Bryant Heating and Cooling Systems and Drees Homes; Noland Co.'s opening of its store in Baltimore, Maryland; Personnel changes.
- Thermally activated mobile ejector refrigeration system analysis. Salim, M. // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;Sep2004, Vol. 218 Issue 9, p1055
A waste-heat activated vapour ejector refrigeration cycle for automotive air-conditioning applications was studied and analysed. Conservation equations of continuity, momentum, and energy were solved simultaneously, and pressures, temperatures, enthalpies, and mass flow rates at various points...
- Portable Cooling: Equipment and Applications. Michel, Clark // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jun2010, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p10
The article focuses on the applications of portable cooling equipment for summer season. It states that air-cooled portable air conditioner, one of the three main types of portable equipment, discharge hot air through ductwork. It says that portable units offer flexibility to tenants who rent...