The Intrastate Deregulation and the Operating Performance of Trucking Firms
- Deregulation creates truck firm convoy. Baird, Kristen // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/16/95, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the impact of the intrastate trucking deregulation law on the trucking industry in Ohio. Increased opportunities for trucking companies; Growing number of companies authorized to serve routes beyond Ohio cities; Elimination of route restrictions; Emergence of non-trucking company...
- The Value of Information in Unregulated Truck Service Markets. Maze, T.H. // Transportation Journal (American Society of Transportation & Log;Winter80, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p57
Focuses on a study conducted on the impact of deregulation on truck service suppliers in the U.S. Overview of the unregulated truck market of Florida; Purchase of trucking services; Characteristics of loading service; Variation in the characteristics of unloading costs.
- EFFECTS OF DEREGULATION IN MOTOR FREIGHT MARKETS. Redmond, William H. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1988, p11
Examines the large-scale effects of deregulation in trucking. Evaluation of market structure and competitive practices; Decline in prices and increase in advertising expenditures; Magnitude of structural effects.
- House committee members say deregulatory section of stalled Senate airport bill goes too far. James, Robert P. // Traffic World;6/20/94, Vol. 238 Issue 12, p14
Reports that three members of the House of Representative's transportation committee disagreed with the Senate airport bill that grants deregulation to large trucking companies. Efforts of United Parcel System and Federal Express Corp. to win intrastate deregulation; Advantages and...
- Trucking industry recovering from deregulation. // Overdrive;Feb95, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p14
Reports on Dun & Broadstreet's analysis of the trucking industry's recovery from the destabilizing effects of deregulation. Issues tracked in the analysis; Focus on the long-distance segment of the trucking industry; Transformation in the industry during the ten years since deregulation;...
- Intrastate deregulation prompts chaos. Bontz, Rita // Overdrive;Feb95, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p19
Reports on the suit filed by the states of Kansas, Oklahoma and Montana to block state deregulation of trucking rates, routes and services.
- From upside down to cashing out. Vise, Avery // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2002, Vol. 159 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the impact of deregulation on the trucking industry in the U.S. Utilization of used trucks; Need for congress to set limitations on the appropriation; Concerns of trucking company owners on ways to maximize returns.
- RECESSION DEALS DEATH BLOW TO CARRIERS CRIPPLED BY DEREGULATION. // Overdrive;Dec2000, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p28
Focuses on the impact of deregulation on the trucking industry in the United States as of December 2000. Background on the Motor Carrier Act law signed by U.S. President Jimmy Carter to deregulate the market on July 1, 1980; Collapse of several trucking companies.
- Think outside the box. Rast, Bob // Traffic World;04/14/97, Vol. 250 Issue 2, p5
Editorial. Comments on the failure of deregulation to affect rates in the trucking industry in the United States. Drive for simplifying freightage rates initiated by Bill Zollars, president of Yellow Freight System; Significance of establishing customer partnerships.