Growth and Value Style Comparison of U.S. Stock Mutual Funds
- Small-stock funds best for slow and steady. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/06/99, Vol. 46 Issue 32, pB9
Reports on a study conducted by Ohio State College of Human Ecology professor Sherman Hanna and doctoral student Peng Chen on the long-term prospects for small stock funds in the United States. Investment risks in several types of mutual funds; Performance of small stocks as compared to larger...
- Broaden your horizons with foreign funds. // Dow Theory Forecasts;6/17/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 24, p9
Reports on the performance of international stock funds in the U.S. Decrease in average domestic large-cap growth fund; Annualized loss of foreign funds; Use of proprietary fund rating system.
- Private equity funds had record investments in '98. Tarquinio, J. Alex // American Banker;1/25/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the record investments of private equity funds in the United States in 1998, according to preliminary figures compiled by Venture Economics. Money raised by funds; Types of investments where money went; Venture capital funds.
- A convertible fund offers racy gains and crash protection. Regnier, Pat // Money;Dec1997, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p60
Discusses the benefits of investing in convertible funds in the United States. Potential gains; Protection from steep market drops; Disadvantages.
- Is that new fund a hard-boiled survivor--or Humpty Dumpty? Zweig, Jason; Regnier, Pat // Money;Dec1997, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p98
Discusses methods for evaluating the potential earning performances of stock funds. Size limitations on funds; Fund managers; Mention of fund company Putman; Development of public investment funds.
- PIMCO GROWTH & INCOME FUND. Corba, Ken // On Wall Street;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p109
Features the PIMCO Growth & Income Fund, a core stock fund in the U.S. primarily seeking long-term growth through investing in medium- and large-capitalization stocks.
- Minority, emerging firms doing very well for Ohio fund. Kennedy, Mike // Pensions & Investments;9/16/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p3
Reports the excellence of money managers in major domestic stock and bond categories in Ohio. Employment of money managers to Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation fund; Share of minority and emerging managers on workers comp fund; Excellence of Ariel Capital Management in domestic small-cap...
- Asia Comes Back. Bresiger, Gregory // Financial Planning;Sep99, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p69
Reports on the gain of funds in Asia Pacific through the end of June 1999. Performance of the funds in 1997 and 1998; Comments from funds analyst, Daniel Kobussen; Example of a volatile fund.
- FORECASTS FUND ALLOCATION. // Dow Theory Forecasts;9/10/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 37, p10
Reports developments concerning Growth and Conservative Portfolios. Position of Fidelity Capital & Income in the list; Information on the three stock funds added to the portfolios; Changes in the fund weightings.