U.S. Foreign Direct Investment: Executives' Perceptions of Competing Latin American Nations
- DELAWARE FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT PLAN. Hockersmith, Paul J. // Economic Development Review;Fall88, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p46
Develops a plan which serves as the foundation of all foreign direct investment efforts in Delaware. Economic development objectives; Challenges associated with stimulating foreign direct investment; Resources; Administrative matters; Command and communication.
- Fukushima Prefecture--foremost industrial base in Japan's Tohoku region. // Focus;Fall98, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the infrastructure projects in Fukushima Prefecture, Koriyama City, Japan that are aimed to promote and attract foreign investments. Condition of the transportation infrastructure in the prefecture; Information on the Fukushima Technology Center; Details on the attractiveness of the...
- At Long Last: Project Finance in Africa. Hanes, Kathryn // Global Finance;Mar1999, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the increasing number of investments in Africa. Figures on foreign investments in the country; Infrastructure projects in the country; Investments potential of Africa.
- Austrian investors call for stability. Miller, Keith // Slovak Spectator;04/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 16, p1
States that members of the Slovak-Austrian Chamber of Commerce were looking to the Slovak government to provide economic stability to attract foreign direct investment (FDI) into the country. Barriers to potential FDI inflow; Lack of economic stability in Slovakia.
- Chapter 4: Business Environment. // Iran Business Forecast Report;2011 3rd Quarter, Issue 3, p23
The article focuses on the business environment in Iran in the third quarter of 2011, with information on the legal framework, infrastructure, and foreign investment policy.
- Premier Faces No shortage Of Challenges. // Malaysia Business Forecast Report;2007 4th Quarter, p5
The article addresses the economic weaknesses in Malaysia, highlighting the decline of foreign investment, the slow progress of Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi's economic reform, the ongoing conflict between Abdullah and former prime minister Mahathir Mohamad, and the heavy pro-Malay...
- Chinese puzzle. Conley, John // International Business: Strategies for the Global Marketplace;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on infrastructure problems that are hampering foreign investment in China. United States President Bill Clinton's renewal of China's Most Favored Nation Status; Chinese governmental bureaucracy; China as a tempting market for many companies; Low-wage labor; Improvement of distribution...
- Chapter 4: Business Environment. // Philippines Business Forecast Report;2006 4th Quarter, p29
The article focuses on the business environment of the Philippines where the country was known with cheap English-speaking workforce and the common business complaints includes political upheaval, widespread corruption, and a slow-moving legal system.
- Jihlava District. // Czech Business & Trade;2002, Issue 1/2, p24
Features the Jihlava District, which constitutes the central part of the Vysocina Region in the Czech Republic. Population of the district as of March 2001; Economic characteristics of the district; Foreign investors of the district.