Management Strategy and Unsettled Public Policy Toward Joint Ventures: A Case Study
- J/B, RayArt Studios Form BrandMedia Entertainment. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;9/7/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 36, p7
Reports the launch of BrandMedia Entertainment, a joint venture of Johnson/Burnett Entertainment and Ray Art Studios in Woodland Hills, California. Business plans of BrandMedia; Focus of the program development of the company; Services offered by the company.
- Joint Venture Formation: Planning and Knowledge-Gathering for Success. Inkpen, Andrew C. // Organizational Dynamics;Spring99, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p33
Reports that companies should address some planning issues after a joint venture has been identified as a strategic option but before negotiations begin. Joint venture planning issues that should be considered; How to initiate partner relationships and knowledge; Guidelines in establishing...
- Bulletins. // Fleet Owner;Dec2002, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p56
Reports business developments in the U.S, as of December 2002. Goals of the 21st Century Truck Partnership; Launch of the Caterpillar engine; Reorganization of the joint venture between ArvinMeritor and Quimmco.
- Mindscapes, Management, Business Policy, and Public Policy. Maruyama, Magoroh // Academy of Management Review;Oct82, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p612
In some areas, the ecosystem is enriched by industrial activities and by- products, such as strip mining and heated water discharge. Management/labor relations may emphasize mutually beneficial combinations of individual differences among workers instead of majority rule or consensus. Causal...
- Success Strategy for Rapid Growth. Norman, David A. // Industrial Management;Jul/Aug85, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p1
Presents the key elements for managing rapid growth in business in California. Significance of intelligent risks taking to entrepreneurial venture; Utilization of experienced managers; Selection of target market segment.
- Knowledge society and the South: competition. // Outlook on Science Policy;Feb2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p23
Presents information on the Third Research on Knowledge Systems (ROKS) Competition (2003-2004) with the theme of understanding the social and public policy dimensions of transformative technologies in the south. ROKS initiative as the joint project of the International Development Research...
- McDonald's cooks up new recipe for growth. // Dow Theory Forecasts;11/28/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 48, p8
The article informs that McDonald's Corp. has shifted its focus to building sales at existing restaurants rather than aggressively opening new stores. The strategy has sparked improved cash flow and a rebound in sales in the U.S. and several large European markets. McDonald's, the largest...
- IT BRIEFS. // Electric Light & Power;Feb2002, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p23
Reports development related to business planning in the U.S. as of February 2002. Partnership between CES International and Krohm; Joint ventures between COGNICASE and M3i; Acquisition of Datapult LLC to Enerwise Global Technologies.
- MI Contractors Talk About Utility Cross-Subsidization. Hall, John R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/24/2001, Vol. 214 Issue 4, p9
Focuses on the plans of heating and ventilation contractors for joint ventures in Lansing, Michigan. Competition between ventilation contractors and utility companies; Choices for the prevention of unfair use of ratepayer money; Apprehension of contractors towards utility activities.