FPA's Leap into Online Education
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan/Feb2012 Practice Solutions, p5
A calendar of events related to Financial Planning Association (FPA) in the U.S. from March to October 2012 is presented which includes the FPA Business Solutions 2012 at Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport in Burlingame, California on March 4-6, the 2012 FPA NorCal Conference 40th Anniversary...
- Debate. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;10/8/2001, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the reaction of students to a virtual school that opened in Cincinnati, Ohio in 2001.
- VIRTUAL REALITY. // District Administration;Nov2016, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p19
Statistics are given regarding use of virtual reality (VR) in schools.
- NexGen Conference: July 15-17. Bell, Mary M. // Journal of Financial Planning;May/Jun2011 Practice Management Sol, p30
The article offers information on the Financial Planning Association (FPA) NexGen Conference from July 15-17, 2011 at St. John's University in Collegeville, Minnesota.
- Designing a Better Learning Environment with the Web: Problems and Prospects. Dillon, Andrew // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Feb2000, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p97
The virtual university looms inevitably on the horizon, and Web-based education requires hypermedia technologies to be designed and implemented in a learner-centered fashion. To date, the technology has not been well designed and the evidence for learning advantages is virtually nonexistent. In...
- Interaction in Collaborative Educational Virtual Environments. Kubo, Mario M.; Tori, Romero; Kirner, Claudio // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Oct2002, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p399
The collaborative educational virtual environment supposes the active participation of students and teachers, interacting highly and aiming at knowledge exchange and creation of new abilities. The learning becomes a process in which one assists the other to reach the objective, by exchanging...
- The Next Era of Virtual Classrooms. Masie, Elliott // e-learning;Jan2003, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p16
Suggests ways to improve Internet-based classes or virtual classrooms. Enhancement of PowerPoint presentations; Alternative to hand-raising command and control; Leveraging of instant messenger technologies.
- NYSA also has crane simulators. Fedorko, Beverly H. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);3/26/2007, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p9
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Virtual Reality," by R. G. Edmonson in the March 5, 2007 issue.
- Applying Virtual Technology: A Joint Project between the University of Queensland and Townsville State High School. Jackson, Lance // Australian Science Teachers Journal;Jun2000, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p19
This paper describes a collaborative project between the Virtual School of Engineering (VSE) at The University of Queensland (UQ) and two junior and senior Science classes at Townsville State High School (SHS). The project involved the science students working with real world engineering...