What Is Financial Planning, Anyway?
- Five more practices for Magnitude. Tyson-Chan, Darin // Money Management;4/5/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p3
The article reports that there will be an additional five financial planning practices set to enter Magnitude Financial Planning, in a move to advance its level of funds under administration (FUA) by $500 million in New South Wales. According to the author, these new practices will be...
- Â£80m to improve financial capability. Salmon, James // Money Marketing;3/30/2006, p8
The article reports that the Great Britain Financial Services Authority has unveiled a project to improve financial capability, which includes training teachers to teach personal finance to secondary school students in England. It also include changes in its web site and publications for...
- Use Estate Planning and Improve Your Bottom Line. Phillips, John // Advisor Today;Feb2004, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p56
Features Achieving Success, a new Programs in a Box which offers outstanding sales ideas for insurance and financial professionals pertaining to the use of estate planning. Selection of topics included in the program; Relevant features of the program; Significance of estate planning.
- What Estate Planners Will Be Doing in 10 Years (or Not). Kurlowicz, Ted T. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jan2005, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p66
Estate planners have a timeless role of preserving their clients' estates. The services and techniques employed have adapted to changing conditions and will continue to do so. Forecasts of future services and techniques are most reliable if demographic, social, economic, and governmental trends...
- ATO to get heavy on aggressive tax planning. Spits, Jason // Money Management;5/13/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the move of the Australian Taxation Office to begin an examination of how financial products and services are used in the area of tax planning in Australia. Efforts of companies and individuals to reduce their tax position; Implications of the move for the wider taskforce looking into...
- Planning is dead, long live planning. // Money Management;5/13/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p16
Reports on the extinction of the traditional financial planning model in the Financial Planning Association's Certified Financial Planner and Principals' Conference in Australia. Exclusive deal of advisers with clients; Presence of a relationship manager who deals with the client; Benefit of the...
- The bond plays on. Newman, Amanda // Money Marketing;12/2/2004, p52
Reports on the possible changes in retirement planning in Great Britain in 2005. Pension simplification; Potential transformation of offshore bonds from a hidden gem to a mainstream product for retirement planning.
- Competitive Note Offerings. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32855, p10
Presents a chart depicting the competitive note offerings in the U.S. as of December 20, 2005. Name of issuer; Time of sale; Financial adviser.
- Forward Addresses. Koreto, Richard J. // Financial Planning;Jan2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p104
Presents the insights of financial organization leaders on the state of financial planning services in the U.S. for 2002. Robert Barry, president of the Financial Planning Association; Elaine Bedel, chair of the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards; Steve Kanaly, chair of the National...