The spectrum of dermatological disorders among primary school children in Dar es Salaam
- Nodulo-ulcerative lesions over the nose. Inamadar, Arun C.; Palit, Aparna; Kulkarni, N.H.; Guggarigoudar, S.P.; Yelikar, B.R. // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;May/Jun2004, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p197
Presents a quiz that asks readers to diagnose the case of a 41-year-old agricultural worker with asymptomatic nodulo-ulcerative lesions on the nose and adjacent areas, hoarseness of voice and difficulty in swallowing. Symptoms; Case description; Implications on dermatology, venereology and...
- Disseminated Penicillium marneffei in a patient infected with human immunodeficiency virus. Vilar, F. J.; Hunt, R.; Wilkins, E. G. L.; Wilson, G.; Jones, N. P. // International Journal of STD & AIDS;Feb2000, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p126
Summary: A case of a 31-year-old man with systemic Penicillium marneffei infection acquired in Thailand and who developed endophthalmitis is described. This presentation has not previously been reported. He responded to combined treatment with intravenous and intravitreal amphotericin.
- Asitretin ile Tedavi Edilen Bir Akrokeratozis VerrÃ¼siformis Olgusu. Güler, Ebru; Ferahbaş, Ayten; Utaş, Serap; Kontaş, Olgun // Archives of the Turkish Dermatology & Venerology / Turkderm;2009, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p35
Acrokeratosis Verruciformis is a rare autosomal dominant genodermatosis. Typically, the lesions are small, verrucous, flat papules on the dorsal aspects of the hands and feet, elbows and knees. Herein, we report a sporodic case of acrokeratosis verruciformis, succesfully treated with acitretin,...
- Clinical: The Basics - Cutaneous warts. Thakkar, Raj // GP: General Practitioner;10/21/2011, p37
The article presents information related to cutaneous warts in immunocompe-tent patients. It is stated that scratching a wart may tranfer the HPV virus. It is noted that in immunocompetent people, between 65 and 80 percent of lesions will be cleared within two years without treatment. It is...
- 1993 ESDR SCIENTIFIC MEETING. // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Dec92, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p722
The 1993 Scientific Meeting related to dermatology will be held from April 3 through April 6, 1993 in the Congress Centre in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Inflammatory pruritic nodules and plaques on the face. Rao, Raghavendra; Prabhu, Smitha; George, Mamatha; Shenoi, Shrutakirthi D. // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;Mar2007, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p161
The article presents a case report involving a 31-year-old male schoolteacher presented with mildly pruritic erythematous crusted plaques and nodules studded with pustules on chin and left malar region. Physical and systemic examination were conducted to find out the etiology of the disease. The...
- The isomorphic phenomenon of Koebner. Thappa, Devinder Mohan // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;May/Jun2004, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p187
Discusses key issues concerning the Koebner phenomenon, one of the most well known isomorphic phenomena in dermatology that is well documented in a number of skin diseases. Definition; Historical background; Types and causes of Koebner phenomenon.
- SPECTRUM OF NON-INFECTIOUS ERYTHEMATOUS, PAPULAR AND SQUAMOUS LESIONS OF THE SKIN. D'Costa, Grace; Bharambe, Bhavana M. // Indian Journal of Dermatology;Jul-Sep2010, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p225
Background: Dermatopathologists base their diagnostic approach on the tissue reaction pattern. This study mainly includes the interpretation of two major tissue reaction patterns, the psoriasiform and the lichenoid reactions, with clinicopathological correlation. Aims: To analyze the spectrum of...
- Antimicrobial Peptides: Potential Use in Skin Infections. Ulvatne, Hilde // American Journal of Clinical Dermatology;2003, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p591
Antimicrobial peptides are part of the natural defense against infections in all phyla, including humans. Antimicrobial peptides are considered to be promising alternatives to conventional antimicrobials. Antimicrobial peptides are active against a wide spectrum of pathogens, including...