Disparities in diabetes care: role of the patients socio-demographic characteristics
- The importance of regular structured review in diabetes care. // Pulse;11/17/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 46, p62
Discusses the importance of a regular structured review in diabetes care in Great Britain. Tips to help regular structured review; Ways of achieving targets; Records for quality payments in the GMS contract.
- Living with diabetes. Schwarz, Lisa // Diabetes in the News;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p49
Presents a question and answer format on diabetes and its effect on the lives of the patients. Choice of medical professional in the care of diabetic patient; Personal view on the journal `Diabetes in the News'.
- Budget deal supports fight against diabetes. // Nation's Health;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p4
The article discusses a national commitment to fight diabetes emerged from the balanced budget accord of the United States. Legislative provisions on diabetes treatment; Effectivity date on reimbursement of Medicare for the cost of diabetes, self-management training and supplies; Cost of the...
- Health system struggles as diabetes surges in city. Sisson, Mary // Crain's New York Business;6/30/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p4
As physician Reba Williams walks the halls of Kings County Hospital Center in New York City, she witnesses a growing and disturbing trend, that more than a third of her patients have diabetes. Many of them suffer from its complications, including loss of vision and stroke, because they haven't...
- Risk-Adjusted Quality of Care Ratings for Diabetes. Chin, Marshall H. // Diabetes Care;Jul2000, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p884
Editorial. Calls for the development of publicly available scorecard systems for diabetes care. Arguments raised by proponents of publicly available ratings; Implications of studies on diabetes ratings systems; Elements of ideal case-mix adjustment tool for diabetes care.
- GP BUSINESS: Tackling diabetes targets. Standing, Peter // GP: General Practitioner;11/17/2003, p64
With 99 points, diabetes is one of the major players in the new General Medical Services contract quality league. The diabetes quality framework is formidable and there is a danger of going round in circles aimlessly chasing the 18 separate indicators. The diabetic quality targets include all...
- Concurrent Care. // Diabetes Care;Jan2002 Supplement, Vol. 25, pS130
Presents a position statement by the American Diabetes Association regarding concurrent care for patients with diabetes mellitus in the United States. Mandate for the hospitalization of a person with diabetes for a concurrent illness.
- Prevalence of Diabetes Estimated by Plasma Glucose Criteria Combined With Standardized Measurement of HbA[sub 1c] Among Health Checkup Participants on Miyako Island, Japan. Takahashi, Yoshihiko; Noda, Mitsuhiko; Tsugane, Shoichiro; Kuzuya, Takeshi; Ito, Chikako; Kadowaki, Takashi // Diabetes Care;Aug2000, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p1092
Focuses on a study which estimated the prevalence of diabetes in participants of an annual health checkup in the district of the Miyako Public Health Center in Okinawa, Japan by using the revised criteria of the Japan Diabetes Society. Discussions on type 2 diabetes; Research design and...
- Prevalence and Characteristics of Diabetic Patients With No Ongoing Care in South Auckland. Simmons, David; Fleming, Carole // Diabetes Care;Dec2000, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p1791
Presents information on a study which described the prevalence and characteristics of diabetic patients with no ongoing care in South Auckland, New Zealand. Methodology; Results of the study; Conclusions.