The SHED-IT community trial study protocol: a randomised controlled trial of weight loss programs for overweight and obese men
- Half an hour of daily exercise is insufficient for sustained weight loss. // Community Practitioner;Sep2008, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p41
The article presents a study which aims to calculate the amount of exercise needed by overweight and obese women by researchers from Pittsburgh University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Study shows that women who maintained a loss of 10% or more in two years were reportedly performing more...
- When Can Weight Loss Be Dangerous? Olds, Tim // Australasian Science;Dec2013, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p47
The article focuses on the harmful health effects of losing weight among obese people. It cites a study by Danish epidemiologist Thorkild SÃ¸rensen of Finns which show that long term effect of weight loss among overweight people with no co-morbidities may be hazardous. A U.S. Study has...
- Daily Reminders Help Dieters Stay On Track. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Oct99, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p6
Discusses a study which suggested that contact with weight counselors help obese individuals stick to their weight loss program.
- Non-surgical program, primary care practices helped morbidly obese patients lose weight. Brannon, Matthew // Endocrine Today;Feb2010, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p19
The article discusses research on a non-surgical program designed to help morbidly obese people to loose weight, by D. H. Ryan and colleagues, published in the 2010 issue of "Archives of Internal Medicine."
- Dieting for Dollars. Phillips, Barbara A. // Internal Medicine Alert;11/15/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p161
THIS WAS A PROSPECTIVE, RANDOMIZED STUDY OF 3 MATCHED groups of overweight workers who were recruited from North Carolina colleges by email, letters, and flyers. Internet access was required to participate in order to fill out surveys and undergo initial screening. Overall, the 201 participants...
- Do You Think Like a 'Weight Regainer'? Gayagoy, Gabrielle; Doheny, Kathleen // Shape;Jan2004, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p20
Presents guidance for overweight people on how to lose weight.
- A LIFELONG STRUGGLE. Richards, Michael // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Sep2003, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p24
Relates the success of an obese man in losing excess weight after a year.
- Helping an obese patient make informed choices. Mulrow, Cynthia D. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);07/25/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7153, p266
Opinion. Discusses the importance of advice given by physicians to obese patients on weight loss programs. Advice given by the author to a patient who wanted to join a commercial diet program; Questions which the author asked herself before giving advice; Information on the risks of obesity;...
- Pramlintide associated with weight loss, maintenance. // Endocrine Today;10/25/2008, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p20
The article reports a study which revealed that Pramlintide treatment helped obese participants to have greater weight loss.