The evaluation of a health education campaign on the use of leave from work during pregnancy
- Why I Believe #PaidLeavePays. // Women's Health;Oct2015, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p14
In the article, the author discusses the importance of paid maternity leave for women, and invites readers to join the magazine "Women's Health" in telling the U.S. government why #PaidLeavePays.
- Female executives often minimize maternity leave. Martinez, Michelle Neely // HRMagazine;Sep95, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p24
Reports that many female executives feel pressed to return from maternity leave in six to eight weeks, even if they are covered for 12 weeks under the Family and Medical Leave Act. Concern about being passed over for promotions.
- Holiday headaches. Firth, Judith // People Management;3/2/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p26
Provides answers to questions regarding employees' annual leave in Great Britain. Details on the extended maternity leave period; Impact of the Working Time Regulations of 1998 on the annual leave of employees who were dismissed for gross misconduct; Rights of an employee to claim another...
- Bid for `flexible' votes. Cooper, Cathy // People Management;5/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p11
Discusses the plan of the United Kingdom government to use the employees' demand for flexible working arrangements to boost its bid to win in the general election. Issues on family-friendly policies; Details on the birth-date restriction on the parental leave directive; Review on maternity pay...
- Flexibility is bad for business. Nash, Lesley // Personnel Today;3/13/2007, p17
The article presents the author's views on the negative impact of maternity and paternity leave on businesses. The author needs staff who are able to work full time, and sometimes more, because they put the customer first. According to the author, the changes in maternity and paternity leave...
- Maternity Leave Hype. Bailey, Ronald // Reason;Mar2014, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p14
The article discusses the length of paid maternity leaves, with information on a study by the U.S. National Bureau of Economic Research on the expansion of paid maternity leave in Norway and correlation between the length of leave and social benefits.
- Rethinking paternity leave. James, Lisa // Travel Weekly (UK);3/16/2007, p52
The article focuses on the transferable maternity leave scheme to be introduced in Great Britain which will allow new fathers to take more time off. Under the proposal, mothers who are entitled to take up to 12 months' maternity leave, would be able transfer unused allowance to their partners....
- When pregnancy affects performance. Wright, Teresa Burke // Credit Union Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p90
No abstract available.
- Paid parental leaves. // State Government News;May2000, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p7
Reports that Minnesota senators approved a measure to provide paid leave of absence for new parents in March 2000. Percentage of state firms that said they would offer paid leaves if the state helped subsidize them, according to a survey by the Children's Defense Fund of Minnesota; Percentage...