Psychological response of family members of patients hospitalised for influenza A/H1N1 in Oaxaca, Mexico
- Central nervous system pathology in fatal swine-origin influenza A H1N1 virus infection in patients with and without neurological symptoms: an autopsy study of 15 cases. Mukherjee, Abir; Peterson, Jo; Sandberg, Glenn; Takei, Hidehiro; Adesina, Adekunle; Goodman, J.; Powell, Suzanne // Acta Neuropathologica;Sep2011, Vol. 122 Issue 3, p371
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the affect of fatal swine-origin influenza A H1N1 virus infection in the central nervous system of the patients with and without neurological symptoms.
- Influenza A virus vaccine H1N1. // Reactions Weekly;May2015, Vol. 1550 Issue 1, p122
The article presents a case study of a 55-year-old woman who was diagnosed with the Churg Strauss syndrome (CSS) following the administration of Influenza A virus vaccine for treatment of H1N1 influenza virus, published in the September 2014 issue of the journal "Acta Neurologica Taiwanica."
- Pandemic Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 in the English- and Dutch-speaking Caribbean An Epidemiological Overview. Boisson, E. V.; Des Vignes, F.; Quesnel, S. // West Indian Medical Journal;Jul2013, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p489
Objective: To describe epidemiological trends of pandemic influenza A (H1N1) in the English- and Dutch-speaking Caribbean during the pandemic period. Design and Methods: Data on laboratory-confirmed cases and deaths associated with pandemic influenza A (H1N1) contained in two regional databases...
- H1N1 patients in ICU. Gin, Alfred; Kumar, Anand // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/13/2009, Vol. 181 Issue 8, p500
A letter to the editor regarding the large number of patients with H1N1 influenza who were admitted to the adult medical intensive care unit in Manitoba from April 23-June 30, 2009 is presented.
- Link between swine flu and stillbirth. // Africa Health;Nov2011, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the greater risk of being stillborn for babies born to mothers with swine flu virus, according to the study conducted by the National Perinatal Epidemiology Unit at Oxford University.
- Independent Nurse: Vital Statistics - Swine flu. // GP: General Practitioner;6/11/2010, p6
A vital statistic related to 440 people who died from pandemic influenza in 2009-2010 in Great Britain is presented.
- ILI highest among real estate, food service employees. // Infectious Disease News;Apr2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p59
The article discusses a U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) study, published in a 2014 issue of "Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report," on the highest prevalence of influenza-like illness (ILI) in real estate and food service workers during the 2009 influenza A(H1N1) pandemic.
- Selected Abstracts. // Lung India;2015 Supplement, Vol. 32, pS43
The article presents several abstracts on topics including "Correlation between pollen counts and allergy patients" by Nishtha Singh and others, "The clinical profile of H1N1 patients" by Harry Jacob George and others and "Reasons for non-adherence in bronchial asthma" by Caroline Simon and others.
- 2009 H1N1 pandemic flu more damaging to lungs, opens opportunities for bacterial infection. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;9/30/2011, Vol. 21, p850
The article reports on a study which reveals that the infected individuals during the outbreak of the H1N1 pandemic flu in 2009 might suffer with pneumonia.