CTAM Gets Voodoo On
- Newsport dropped from Rainbow, Liberty team. J.S. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/05/97, Vol. 127 Issue 19, p92
Reports on the dissolution of Rainbow Programming's sports news channel. Loss on finances as the cause of dissolution; Filling of American Sports Classics on its vacated slot; Designation of new assignment of employees.
- Storm clouds loom for Rainbow cable. Furman, Phyllis // Crain's New York Business;01/20/97, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p4
Presents information on the effort by Josh Sapan, chief executive of Rainbow Programming Holdings Incorporated in the launching of Romance Classics in New York a channel specially for the entertainment of women. Information on the career of Josh Sapan; Listing of rivals for previous launchings;...
- Rainbow to create new global film network. // Electronic Media;09/15/97, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p42
Reports that Rainbow Media plans to launch a 24-hour commerical free international film channel. Identification of the channel; When will the channel be introduced.
- Box void clouds Rainbow. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;09/15/97, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p10
Announces that Rainbow Programming Holdings Inc.'s plan to launch a new cable network to fill still-empty spaces promised by the advent of digital cable rollouts will be challenged if operators do not keep their promise. Negotiations with digital satellite providers, DirecTV and Primestar.
- Rainbow adds to its stable of cable programs. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;10/24/94, Vol. 124 Issue 43, p25
Reports on additions to Rainbow Programming Holdings' portfolio of programming services. Horse-racing network; Home shopping program; National programming service featuring locally inserted personal ads called The Singles Channel.
- Rainbow launches IFC. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;8/29/94, Vol. 124 Issue 35, p22
Focuses on the expectations of Rainbow Programming Holdings executives that their launching of the Independent Film Channel and other new networks will lead to other opportunities. Launching of a United States feed of Canadian music-video network MuchMusic; Planned introduction of at least two...
- Rainbow to launch regional news in Philly. // Electronic Media;8/12/96, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p11
Reports on the plans of Rainbow Programming Holdings to launch a 24-hour regional news channel in Philadelphia as early as January 1, 1997.
- Proud contestant. // New York Amsterdam News;04/05/97, Vol. 88 Issue 14, p35
Presents a caption story of officials and students who are participating in an art contest by Rainbow Media.
- Bell Atlantic allocates VDT channels. M.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/3/95, Vol. 125 Issue 27, p9
Reports on the victory of Rainbow Programming Holdings in gaining maximum number of Bell Atlantic's channel assignments for its commercial video dialtone network. Other networks that received assignments; Plan of Rainbow.