Ergen Hikes in Himalayas as Fox Talks Go On
- FOUR OF A KIND. // Total Telecom+;Oct2014, p23
The article talks about direct-broadcast and satellite service provider Dish Network, its chairman and co-founder Charlie Ergen, and Dish's plans for a video streaming service, establishing a mobile presence with telecommunications company T-Mobile U.S., and the AWS-3 spectrum auction.
- Ergen, Clayton Get Pay Hikes. // Multichannel News;4/2/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p23
The article reports on the 20% wage hike received by Englewood, California-based Dish Network Corp. chief executive officer (CEO) Charlie Ergen.
- Dish's Ergen Took Pay Cut in '10. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/28/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p26
The article reports that Dish Network Corp. chairman Charlie Ergen and his executives saw large cuts in their total salary in 2010 as the company continued to suffer from customer losses.
- Keeping Competition Alive. // Multichannel News;9/5/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p31
The article offers information on the conservation of the competition for telecom industry and television (TV) consumers like the Dish Network Corp., founded by Charlie Ergen and DirectTV Inc., planned to merge in 2001 but was rejected, and the Verizon Communications Inc., and AT&T Inc.
- Street likes fresh Dish. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;5/3/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on the recognition given to Dish Network Corp. topper Charlie Ergen from Wall Street Journal for wiping out a lot of overhang at the satcaster by promoting the company's shares by nearly 4 dollars to 29 dollars.
- Charlie Ergen: Dish Network Bought Blockbuster to Open Wireless Store. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;2/18/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the announcement by Dish Network founder and chairman Charlie Ergen that its goal in acquiring the bankrupt Blockbuster was to roll out a subscription video-on-demand service aimed to rival Netflix.
- Ergen: Dish Has Options If Clearwire Deal Fails. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/25/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on the statement made by Charlie Ergen, chairman at EchoStar regarding Dish Network has the options to build a terrestial wireless voice and data network if the company fails to purchase 25 percent of Clearwire's spectrum.
- ERGEN SAYS DISNEY'S VERY PRETTY, BUT... J. L. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/18/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 43, p10
The article cites Dish Network's cofounder and chairman Charlie Ergen who stated that this company was cautiously optimistic over reaching a new carriage agreement with Walt Disney Co.
- Dish Eyes On Wireless Prize As Clayton Set To Retire. Palenchar, Joseph; Laposky, John // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/2/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p11
The article focuses on the move of Dish Network Corp. to enter into the wireless communications market and offers the insights of its chairman Charlie Ergen on the move of his company.