WICT Honors Six With LEA Awards
- On life and shapewear. McGregor, Heather // Australian Women's Weekly;Aug2015, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p196
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of hosting a television program.
- U.S. SKEINS TOP SPAIN'S WISH LIST. Hopewell, John; De Pablos, Emiliano // Variety;12/25/2006, Vol. 405 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the desire for American television shows demonstrated by Spanish television programming executives. A number of Spanish networks have initiated deals in late 2006 to bring American programs to Spanish audiences. Information on the prices paid for these series is provided,...
- Seven on your side? WLS-TV union prepares for fight. McCormick, Brian // Crain's Chicago Business;06/04/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p3
Focuses on the conflict between labor union employees and management at WLS television station in Chicago, Illinois. Labor policies pressed by union members; Concerns over the planned implementation of a 'per diem' contract at the station.
- Unified Push for Diversity. May, Rebecca // Electronic Media;06/14/99, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p40
Cites the effort of cable firms in the United States to support diversity in the industry. Related human resources round table organized by the National Cable Television Association (NCTA); NCTA's collaboration with the National Association of Minorities in Communications and other industry to...
- Nets' gold raises anchors. Adalian, Josef // Variety;07/13/98, Vol. 371 Issue 9, p25
Provides information on the earnings of television newscasters. Nature of television newscasting job; Influence of station on earnings; Top contenders in asset rating.
- The doctor is out at Eyemark. Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;04/13/98, Vol. 370 Issue 9, p19
Presents information on several news briefs concerning television stations in the United States. Negotiation between Doctor Laura Schlessinger and CBS Incorporated; Appointment of Brooke Karzen as vice president of Buena Vista Television; Promotion of executives at MGM Worldwide Television Group.
- Networks put major agents in pilots' seat. Lowry, Brian; Robins, J. Max // Variety;2/14/94, Vol. 354 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on star casting by television networks for pilot programs. Correlation with primetime development; `Old friend' theory; Network considerations; Implications on franchise-building; Network considerations; Roster of examples.
- New Orleans-area Broadcast Television Stations. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2000-2001 Book of Lists, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p27
Presents a list of broadcast television stations in New Orleans, Louisiana. Number of employees for each television station; Managers and news directors of the stations; Details of television advertising rates.
- Mustering up the money. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/15/99, Vol. 129 Issue 11, p18
Reports that cable television network Military Channel failed to pay its employees' March 1, 1999, salary on time.