Centric Toasts 'Master'
- HSN, BET brainstorm. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/93, Vol. 123 Issue 46, p77
Reports on the agreement between Home Shopping Network (HSN) and Black Entertainment Television (BET) on joint business ventures. Creation of a shop-at-home programming service for BET viewers.
- The Box bows on satellite; BBET bans guns; MVA report. Russell, Deborah // Billboard;9/11/93, Vol. 105 Issue 37, p38
Reports on the commencement of satellite transmissions for the viewer-programmed music video network The Box with a five-minute commissioned track written by Prince. Target audience of The Box; Black Entertainment Television's ban on gun depictions on video for month of September; Results of...
- Showtime. Russell, Deborah // Billboard;7/31/93, Vol. 105 Issue 31, p35
Reports on the series introduced by The Nashville Network. `Music City Tonight'; `Country News'; `Dance Line'; `Video Countdown'; Launching of `Caribbean Sound,' by Black Entertainment Television; Sony Nashville's `Steppin' Country' home videos.
- BET to launch all-jazz channel. Atwood, Brett // Billboard;10/14/95, Vol. 107 Issue 41, p82
Reports on Black Entertainment Television's plan to launch in January 1996 BET on Jazz: The Cable Jazz Channel, a new 24-hour sister cable channel devoted exclusively to jazz. Programming content; BET's existing jazz program `Jazz Central' as the new channel's flagship original show; Types of...
- Cablers sing synergy. Grego, Melissa // Variety;7/16/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the alliances among cable networks during the Television Critics Association Tour in July 2001. Partnership between CNN and CNN Headline News; Program-sharing and scheduling between Cartoon Network and Kids WB; Production deal between CBS News and Black Entertainment Television.
- NUE TV on the block. Harris, Hamil R. // Black Enterprise;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p24
Reports on the emergence of New Urban Entertainment (NUE) TV that challenges Black Entertainment Television's dominance of black television business.
- MuchMusic, BET Take Aim At 'TRL' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p24
Reports the music television programs by MuchMusic USA and Black Entertainment Television in the United States. Schedule of the MuchMusic's Dedicate Live request show; Program rating of Black Entertainment's 106 & Park request show; Difference between the request shows and the music television...
- BET/HSN preparing split. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/2/96, Vol. 126 Issue 37, p17
Reports that cable television networks Black Entertainment and Home Shopping Network are preparing to shelve a joint venture including a weekly shopping show on BET and a 24-hour network.
- BET Unveils New Series, Sets Repurposing Plans. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p16
Reports on the launching of three original television serials from Black Entertainment Television and the repurposing of shows from sister services. Payment of programmer Showtime of the movie 'Soul Food'; Date of airing of the three original series; Strategies to work synergistic deals with...