Google Pushes Play
- We want our Gay TV. Meers, Erik // Advocate;3/5/2002, Issue 858, p56
Reports the partnership between the television broadcasting companies Showtime and Music Television to create a gay cable channel in the U.S. Benefits and disadvantages of the gay channel; Details on television programs concerning the homosexuals; Launch of PrideVision, a gay television in Canada.
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/10/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 38, p32
Reports developments related to television broadcasting in the United States as of September 2001. Partnership between Microsoft Corp. and Chyron Corp. for the development of a computer software; Deployment of OpenTV interactive software in DISH Network set-top boxes; Selection of VertigoXmedia...
- CABLE TELEVISION. Martin, Denise; Levine, Stuart // Variety;1/12/2004, Vol. 393 Issue 8, pA9
Presents an update on cable television networks in the U.S. as of January 2004. Television program lineup of HBO for 2004; Increase in the ratings for the Sunday night National Football League games of ESPN; Golden Globe series nominees earned by FX.
- The Cablers. Dempsey, John; Katz, Richard // Variety;11/30/98, Vol. 373 Issue 3, p25
Presents news regarding the television industry in the United States as of December 1998. Information on the partnership between Oxygen Media and Carsey-Werner-Mandabach and Oprah Winfrey for a femme-oriented cable web, Oxygen; How USA Networks has joined ABC-owned ESPN to become the second...
- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.
- Will NUE ever be on TV? McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/15/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 3, p104
Reports the difficulties faced by New Urban Entertainment (NUE), a black general entertainment network, in the United States. Scarcity of funds; Expression of acquisition interest by Sony Corp., Time Warner Inc. and NBC Inc.; Reduction of company production.
- On air: Oxygen launches. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;02/02/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the launching of Geraldine Laybourne's women-oriented cable network Oxygen on February 2, 2000. Number of possible households in the United States that can tune in to the network; Advertisers; Focus on the convergence between television and the Internet.
- High-flying low-brow TV. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;9/6/93, Vol. 3 Issue 36, p9
Features the cable television network USA Network. United States Open-related revenues for 1993; Network as low-brow in primetime programming; Entry into the original movie business in 1988; `USA World Premiere Movies' segment; Airing of films from corporate parents, Paramount and MCA;...
- USA Networks spending money to grow. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p3
Reports on USA Networks' plan to accelerate spending on original programs for cable, the CityVision transformation of its television stations and Internet-related businesses in 1999. Company's decision to use its free cash flow from core businesses to expand its operations; Estimated amount the...