Rigases' Appeal Denied
- Rigases Lose Appeals Bid. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/28/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p2
The article reports that former Adelphia Communications executives John and Timothy Rigas lost the appeals to their July 2004 conviction on federal conspiracy and fraud charges. The executives were convicted in federal court in Manhattan, New York in 2004 on 18 counts of conspiracy, securities...
- Adelphia: John, Timothy Rigas out; two grand juries probing. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/21/2002, Vol. 373 Issue 28, p64
Reports on the resignation of John Rigas and Timothy Rigas as chairman and chief financial officer respectively of Adelphia Communications Corp. in New York. Implication of the issue on the company; Percentage of share owned by the Rigas family; Indictment of members of the Rigas family.
- Rigases fight second trial in US appeals court. Dale, Maryclaire // Buffalo Law Journal;2/22/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the efforts of the U.S. Justice Department to pursue a second fraud trial for the founder of Adelphia Communications Corp., John Rigas and his son Timothy Rigas.
- REPRIEVE FOR RIGAS. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;7/12/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 5, p5
Reports that a deadlocked jury could not decide whether to convict former Adelphia Communications Corp. chief operating officer Michael Rigas on fraud charges in connection with the collapse of the company in the U.S. Conviction of founder John Rigas and son Timothy of concocting a plot to...
- RIGAS DEBT WRANGLE. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/25/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 37, p4
Reports on the move of Adelphia Communications Corp. to demand payment of the debt incurred by its founder John Rigas and son Timothy Rigas through court order in the U.S. Total amount of the debt; Motives behind the company's move; Impact of the legal dispute on the company's plan to emerge...
- Judge OKs Retrial Of Mike Rigas. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p8
Presents information on the dismissal of the federal charges against Michael Rigas, executive of Adelphia Communications Corp.; in November 2004. Violation of Rigas; Objection by the lawyers of Rigas to a retrial; Schedule for the sentencing of John and Timoth Rigas.
- Where the Rigases Might Spend Time. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p32
Provides information on several correctional institutions where John and Timothy Rigas, former executives of Adelphia Communications Corp., will spend time while waiting for their appeal for conviction on fraud and conspiracy charges. McKean County Federal Correctional Institution in Bradford,...
- John, Timothy Rigas Go to Jail Aug. 13. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p6
The article reports that former Adelphia Communications Corp. executives John Rigas and Timothy Rigas will start serving their lengthy prison sentences on August 13, 2007, according to U.S. District Court Judge Leonard Sand ruling on June 27, 2007. John Rigas was being imposed with 15-year...
- News: clips. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/14/2005, Vol. 389 Issue 29, p6
The article presents various news related to media broadcasting. Warner Home Video is considering working the revelation that former FBI Deputy Director W. Mark Felt was deep throat into the special features on its 30th anniversary edition of "All the President's Men," scheduled for release next...