'Fourth Way' Talks Underway
- FCC battles for market balance. Martin, Kevin J. // Mobile Radio Technology;Apr2003, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p60
Focuses on the effort of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to stabilize the broadband infrastructure regulations. Plan to increase the investments in the broadband infrastructure; Views on the importance of deregulating the 1996 Telecom Act; Proposal to adjust the wholesale prices of...
- FCC awards PCS advantages. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;7/4/94, Vol. 124 Issue 27, p35
Reports on the Federal Communications Commission's awarding of personal communication service advantages to women, minorities and small businesses. Specific advantages granted; Government's plan to raise funds from broadband auctions of radio spectrum; FCC's Competitive Opportunity Plan;...
- Incumbent 'wish list' passes House. Brown, Stephen N. // Lightwave;Apr2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p21
Focuses on the passage of the Internet Freedom and Broadband Deployment Act of 2001 or Tauzen-Dingell bill by the U.S. House in the Senate. Sponsors of the bill; Review conducted by the Federal Communications Commission on the bill; Statement issued by Michael Copps, the communications...
- The ProPublica Blog: FCC's Broadband Plan: Who's for It-and Against It. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;3/14/2010, p1
A blog discussing the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's broadband plan is presented.
- FCC approves ultra-wideband. Cox, John // Network World;2/18/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the approval of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on ultra-wideband in the United States. Reaction of US Defense Department on the broad use of ultra-wideband; Implication of the legislation on the frequencies of wireless networks,cellular and global positioning systems;...
- Red Flags on the Horizon. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/22/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 12, p18
The article offers information on the proposals in the implementation of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) National Broadband Plan including copyrighted content protection, Internet services taxation, and Title II of the Communications Act reclassification.
- BROADBAND HOMELAND. Fixmer, Rob // eWeek;3/4/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p41
Reports the effects of the implementation of the universal broadband deployment in the U.S. Requests of economists, industry leaders and government policy-makers for incentives; Disagreements among broadband players; Emphasis on the move of the Federal Communications Commission on spur digital...
- THE AUTHORITY TO REGULATE BROADBAND INTERNET ACCESS OVER CABLE. Chen, Jim // Berkeley Technology Law Journal;Spring2001, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p677
Evaluates the authority of the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) to regulate broadband Internet access over cable in the United States. Role of FCC in establishing a national broadband policy; Definition of cable broadband by the federal courts; Classifications of cable broadband.
- FCC'S POWELL PLAYS THE SPOILER. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;2/25/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 8, p14
Reports on a rulemaking (NPRM) proposed by U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael Powell that aims to reclassify high-speed Internet services. Impact of NPRM on the broadband deregulation bill sponsored by Representatives Billy Tauzin (R-La.) and John Dingell (D-Mich.);...