FTC Pushed for Privacy Plan
- FTC & Internet privacy. Bushey, Trudie // Credit World;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p7
Focuses on the Federal Trade Commission Bureau of Consumer Protection workshop entitled `Consumer Privacy on the Global Information Infrastructure,' on June 4 to 5, 1996 in Washington, D.C. Discussion of several issues concerning consumer privacy affected by the emerging on-line marketplace;...
- FTC urges passage of online privacy law. Sasso, Brendan // Hill;3/27/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p16
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has urged Congress to enact legislation regarding the online privacy law.
- FTC calls for stringent Internet privacy legislation. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p28
Focuses on the United States Federal Trade Commission's call for legislation safeguarding consumers' privacy on the Internet.
- FTC reviews Child Privacy Act. Rodger, Will // Inter@ctive Week;04/26/99, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p8
Reports on the United States Federal Trade Commission's release of a document on April 20, 1999 outlining its interpretation of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. Law's requirement of Web site operators to obtain parental permission before collecting personal information from...
- Is your bank's Web site ready for the `March Sweeps'? Cocheo, Steve // ABA Banking Journal;Mar1998, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on the US Federal Trade Commission's (FTC) plan to conduct a survey of commercial Web site privacy practices and notices, and report its findings to Congress. Primary issues discussed during congressional hearings and workshops conducted by the FTC; Claim that the laws and regulations...
- FTC finds on-line privacy wanting--even at bank sites. Anason, Dean // American Banker;6/5/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 106, p3
Declares that online services provided by firms in the financial services industry are not ensuring the privacy of online services, with reference to a survey conducted by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Estimated number of Internet sites included in the FTC survey; Comments by Robert...
- Industry Shows Its Power in Debate Over Online Privacy. Bachman, Katy // Adweek;4/2/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 13, p16
The article reports that The U.S. Federal Trade Commission and the U.S. Commerce Department have recommended legislation to institute internet privacy laws, but have not recommended ways to monitor internet privacy, leaving the online advertising community to regulate itself.
- Online advertisers team to craft privacy best practices. Jones, Jennifer // InfoWorld;10/02/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p26
Deals with the formation of the Responsible Electronic Communications Alliance (RECA) aimed at placating the United States Federal Trade Commission in the debate over privacy issues. Members of the alliance; Principles proposed by the alliance; Penalties for online marketing advertisers that...
- US telemarkters rocked as 20m signs to block calls. Balmond, Sarah // Precision Marketing;7/11/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p1
Forecasts a decline in the United States telemarketing industry. Number of consumers who signed up for the Do Not Call register; Projected loss in telemarketing jobs and sales as a result of blocked calls; U.S. Federal Trade Commission's implementation of the scheme.