TWC Braces for Retrans Battle
- Report: Providers tap into home automation. // CED;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p10
The article provides information on the increasing interests of the companies including Verizon Communications Inc., Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Cable Inc., towards home automation and home security market.
- FiOS Fishes for Showtime Buys. // Multichannel News;10/18/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p40
The article reports on interactive mobile device applications for television which were released by Verizon Communications Inc. and Time Warner Cable Inc.'s Oceanic division and allow television subscribers to sample television program episodes and purchase them with a remote control unit.
- As TWC Dispute Continues, CBS Signs Verizon Renewal. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;8/26/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p3
The article discusses the dispute between Time Warner Cable Inc. and CBS Broadcasting Inc. and informs that CBS signed a deal for three years with Fiber Optical television Services (FiOS) of Verizon Communication Inc.
- Ron McMillan: Time Warner Cable. // Multichannel News;10/2/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p43
The article focuses on Ron McMillan, regional vice president of government affairs of Time Warner Cable Inc. in Texas. McMillan spent 14 years with GTE Corp. which is now part of Verizon Communications Inc. before he joined Time Warner in 1982 as corporate vice president of engineering in...
- FOR THE RECORD. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/8/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p27
The article offers news briefs related to digital communications and industry. The Screen Actors Guild scheduled a town hall meeting on December 8, 2008 to update its members on the pending strike vote. Verizon Communications Co. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is unlikely to gain its entry into...
- TWC Presents Advanced Services in $15M Gift Wrap. // Cable World (10427228);10/14/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p6
Reports on an advertising campaign launched by Time Warner Cable Inc. for its suite of advanced services. Goals for the marketing campaign; Central themes of the campaign; Expectation on the campaign by December 2002.
- Time Warner Cable Goes on 'App' Offensive. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;4/11/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p6
The article reports that Time Warner Cable launched an advertising campaign on April 5, 2011 to attract more customers through the TV Everywhere application for the Apple iPad.
- Call on Rogers for telecom growth. // Dow Theory Forecasts;4/12/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 15, p8
The article focuses on the Toronto, Ontario-based media giant Rogers Communications Inc. Rogers captured 37% of Canada's wireless market and 30% of the country's cable-television share. Rogers is the Canadian tantamount of Verizon Wireless Communications Inc. and Time Warner Cable Inc. Efforts...
- In the States. // CableFAX Daily;11/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 227, p2
The article presents an update on cable television in the U.S. as of November 2005. Time Warner Cable will use Mediaware for digital video editing on its video on demand service. Time Warner Cable launched the television program "Howard Stern on Demand" in Los Angeles, California. Verizon...