- Edinburgh television. Holland, Patricia // New Statesman & Society;9/1/95, Vol. 8 Issue 368, p27
Explains that a sense of crisis and loss pervaded 1995's Edinburgh Television Festival. Cynicism and falling standards; Non-challenging television; Transforming programs into product as the real scandal in the television industry.
- 'Adopt a Student' Goes from strength to strength. // Image Technology;Jan1987, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p35
Information about several papers discussed at the Annual Dinner on the success of the "Adopt a Student" scheme in Great Britain is presented. Colin Voisey, head of film at HTV, announces the continued growth of sponsorship for students from different colleges by 50 companies. This highlights...
- UPN goes regional. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;03/19/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 12, p32
Reports on UPN's restructuring of its annual affiliate meeting in March 2001. Conducting of a week-long series of regional meetings in five metropolitan areas starting June 5, 2001; Holding of quarterly teleconferences with affiliates.
- France 2's `Chimere' Czechs in tops at fest. Meils, Cathy // Variety;05/19/97, Vol. 367 Issue 3, p29
Reports that France 2's program `Chimere' took the top price at the 1997 Golden Prague festival. Festival as the oldest television festival; Changes implemented in the 1997 edition of the festival.
- Montreaux after Montreaux. Ringrose, Fergal // TVB Europe;Jul99, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p6
Highlights the Montreux, a symposium on the international television broadcasting business held in June 1999, staged by Montreux Symposia Management. Contradictions on the event; Comments from George Waters, a columnist.
- The case for good television. Hill, Don // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;06/30/97, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p17
Discusses the need for moral leadership among television executives. The Banff International Television Festival for 1997; Talk show pioneer Steve Allen's berating of television executives for their lack of leadership and social conscience; Comments from Victor Sunderaj of the International...
- Rendez-Vous reflects on rubles. Tartaglione, Nancy // Variety;09/14/98, Vol. 372 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the Le Rendez-Vous 1998 sponsored by Television France International (TVFI). Themes and highlights that emerged from the conference; Reason buyers from other countries make the trip for the event.
- TV Execs Discuss Trends, Disarray. Rinaldi, Jennifer // Communications Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the fifth annual Future of Television conference in Manhattan, New York City. Tim Herbert, senior research director for the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), observes a 46 percent decline in the prices of digital television displays, which have seen significant...
- Tech Strikes a Chord at TV Confab. Rinaldi, Jennifer // Communications Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p11
The article reports on the fifth annual Future of Television conference in Manhattan, New York City. It was observed that television industry leaders are testing the consumer appeal, economic feasibility and technology of several new devices. Their goal is to find a device that would be found...