TV One Goes Old School
- A Rival for BET. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;9/15/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 37, p10
Focuses on the development of cable TV networks for Afro-Americans. Average rating generated by Black Entertainment Television (BET); Plans of TV One for its prime time programming; List of shows added by BET to its programs.
- NAACP TV DIVERSITY REPORT. // Jet;11/17/2003, Vol. 104 Issue 21, p6
Focuses on the 2003 "TV Diversity Report," published by the U.S. National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Increase in the employment of Afro-Americans for on-air television roles.
- NETWORK PRIME RANKINGS AMONG AFRICAN AMERICANS. // Electronic Media;2/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p11
Presents information on Neilsen Television Index, ranking television networks watched in African-American households in the U.S. in the week of January 27, 2003. Rating provided to the television show 'American Idol' aired on the channel owned by Fox Broadcasting Co.; Popularity of the show...
- Television with a point of view. Aufderheide, Pat // Progressive;Jul90, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p36
Reviews the television documentary series `P.O.V.'; `Through the Wire,' by Nina Rosenblum; `Salesman,' by Albert and David Maysles; `Police Chiefs,' by Alan and Susan Raymond; More.
- Food Messages on African American Television Shows. Tirodkar, Manasi A.; Jain, Anjali // American Journal of Public Health;Mar2003, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p439
The article presents research which examined food messages on African American TV shows. Food and beverage episodes were identified as any programming segment in which food or beverages were stated by characters or appeared on the screen during the show. Hence, this research concluded that...
- Katz Shows True Grit Building Multicast Empire. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;8/11/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 30, p18
The article profiles Jonathan Katz, chief operating officer of American multicast broadcast television (TV) network Bounce TV. Topics explored include his family background, his reputation in the U.S. TV broadcasting industry, and the way he acknowledged the emergence of broadcast TV...
- African American Viewers On the Move. Consoli, John; Bachman, Katy // Brandweek;12/13/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 45, p6
Reports on a decrease in the percentage of African American women viewers of ethnic sitcoms at UPN cable television channel in the U.S. in 2004. Effect of the disappearance of African American viewers on the ratings of UPN; Possible reason for the decrease; Percentage of decrease in the...
- TV One Launches Brand Makeover. // Multichannel News;6/18/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p6
The article presents information on the new tagline and on-air logo for the television program channel TV One focusing on the African-American people and the launch of a music reality series named R&B Divas in August 2012.
- Image everything for UPN. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;3/5/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 50, pA6
Focuses on the growth of the UPN television network in the U.S. Popularity of the network among African Americans; Citation of television programs nominated for the Image Awards; Increase of overall ratings.