Emmy Nod Almost As Good As a Win
- HBO leads the list. L.R. // Broadcasting & Cable;08/04/97, Vol. 127 Issue 32, p34
Cites the Home Box Office (HBO) cable television network for garnering 90 nominations in the 1997 Prime Time Emmy Awards for American television. National Broadcasting Co.'s (NBC) 89 nominations; Most talked-about original movies aired on HBO; Nominations for best drama and comedy; Comedian...
- The brighter side. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/24/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 31, p58
Editorial. Comments on the year 2000 Emmy Awards. Announcement of nominations for the awards.
- SETTLING THE SCORE. Geier, Thom; Raftery, Brian M.; Rice, Lynette // Entertainment Weekly;11/16/2001, Issue 625/626, p15
Deals with the television broadcast of the 2001 Emmy Awards in the United States.
- Emmys deserve better handling. // Electronic Media;9/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p5
Editorial. Comments on the Emmy Awards telecast in the U.S. Lack of support from the television networks; Absence of generating excitement from the television industry; Reluctance to favor a single network.
- News Emmys take to PBS. Offman, Craig // Daily Variety;7/23/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the news and documentary Emmy awards reaped by pubcaster PBS in the National Academy of TV Arts & Sciences annual awards in the U.S. Programs receiving nominations and awards; Performance of other television stations; Details on the presentation of awards for winners.
- Emmy expands global footprint. Turner, Mimi // Hollywood Reporter;6/15/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 5, p30
The article reports that the 62 Emmy Awards will be broadcast in 150 countries with broadcasters including Orbit Showtime in Middle East, Turner Entertainment Co. in Germany and True Vision Inc. in Thailand.
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Haugsted, Linda; Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;8/22/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p6
Presents news briefs on cable television broadcasting in the U.S. as of August 2005. Changes in the 2005 Academy of Television Arts & Sciences award; Charitable works of Cable News Network founder Ted Turner; Decision of EchoStar Communications Corp. to trademark Dish Network racing.
- SPREADING THE WORD. Sheinkopf, Evelyn // Daily Variety;06/04/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 1, pA8
Reports on the marketing campaigns of cablers to get their shows noticed by Emmy voters in the United States. Focus of the Emmy campaigns of TNT on trade advertisements; Employment of creative packaging by the American Movie Classics; Distribution of the tapes of the shows of A&E; Postage of...
- ATAS approves at-home Emmys viewing, voting. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;03/10/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences board's approval of at-home voting in the United States. Response to criticism over how the Emmy Awards are selected; One-year experiment; Proposal to mail video cassettes to voters; Desire to expand the voter base.