Through the Wire
- Unusual Allies Back NBCU Combo. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;5/17/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p30
The article reports on the merger of two biggest cable network companies of U.S. including Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc.
- Bridging the digital divide. STAMATIS, BILL // American Teacher;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p20
The article reports that in October 2011, Comcast's acquisition of NBC Universal came with the stipulation that it joins the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to provide affordable Internet access to low income families and children in the U.S., a program called Internet Essentials.
- An Opportunity for Diversity. LIggins, Alfred // Multichannel News;1/17/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p23
In this article the author discusses the benefits of the proposed merger between media companies Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. for independent and minority-owned television programmers and filmmakers in the U.S., particularly in the promotion of independent and diverse programming.
- Comcast Deal Boosts Media. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 28, p28
The article reports on the implications of the proposed merger of Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc.
- Comcast OK near, with conditions. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;12/28/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 58, p3
The article reports on a series of conditions issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the proposed joint venture between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc.
- Diversity again focus at Comcast-Uni event. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;7/9/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 22, p2
The article focuses on the opinions of witnesses like Reverend Jesse Jackson on the merged Comcast Corp.-NBC Universal Inc. during their road show in Chicago, Illinois.
- Plot thickens at Comcast. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;11/8/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 26, p6
The article reports on the speculation on Comcast Corp.'s post-merger plans for NBC Universal Inc. in 2010 in the U.S.
- Be Afraid: Comcast/NBC Merger Approved By FCC. SILVER, JOSH // Progressive Populist;2/15/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p20
The article discusses the implications of the merger of cable and residential Internet provider Comcast with media and entertainment company NBC-Universal on all corners of the media market in the U.S.
- No tour guide for NBC? Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;1/4/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the merger between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc., in which there still no exact date for the closure of the deal.
- Lawmakers weigh in as FCC review of NBC merger with Comeast enters home stretch. Nagesh, Gautham // Hill;1/11/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the effort of U.S. lawmakers to make their voices heard on the proposed acquisition of NBC Universal Inc. by Comcast Corp. which will be approved by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in 2011.