Through the Wire
- Bridging the digital divide. STAMATIS, BILL // American Teacher;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p20
The article reports that in October 2011, Comcast's acquisition of NBC Universal came with the stipulation that it joins the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to provide affordable Internet access to low income families and children in the U.S., a program called Internet Essentials.
- Comcast Deal Boosts Media. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 28, p28
The article reports on the implications of the proposed merger of Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc.
- Diversity again focus at Comcast-Uni event. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;7/9/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 22, p2
The article focuses on the opinions of witnesses like Reverend Jesse Jackson on the merged Comcast Corp.-NBC Universal Inc. during their road show in Chicago, Illinois.
- No tour guide for NBC? Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;1/4/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the merger between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc., in which there still no exact date for the closure of the deal.
- DUO PUSH BACK AT MERGER FOES. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;7/23/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 14, p2
The article reports that Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. state that their planned merger would stimulate and not diminish competition, pushing back in a rebuttal to the merger's critics filed with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Comcast-NBCU Entertainment News Synergies Abound. Guthrie, Marisa // Broadcasting & Cable;12/7/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 45, p18
The article offers updates on the programming of the television shows at NBC Universal Inc. following the merger with Comcast Corp. in the U.S. It notes that both companies will not interfere the news and public affair programming at NBC Universal Inc. It states that both executives of the two...
- Unusual Allies Back NBCU Combo. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;5/17/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p30
The article reports on the merger of two biggest cable network companies of U.S. including Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc.
- An Opportunity for Diversity. LIggins, Alfred // Multichannel News;1/17/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p23
In this article the author discusses the benefits of the proposed merger between media companies Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. for independent and minority-owned television programmers and filmmakers in the U.S., particularly in the promotion of independent and diverse programming.
- Comcast OK near, with conditions. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;12/28/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 58, p3
The article reports on a series of conditions issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the proposed joint venture between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc.
- Plot thickens at Comcast. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;11/8/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 26, p6
The article reports on the speculation on Comcast Corp.'s post-merger plans for NBC Universal Inc. in 2010 in the U.S.