Rival Tries to Trump Hef's Bid for Playboy
- Memo Pad. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/13/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 8, p11
The article offers news briefs related to mass media. Hugh Hefner, founder of Playboy and FriendFinder Networks Inc. are engaged in a potential bidding war for the acquisition of Playboy Enterprises Inc. The popularity of young Hollywood celebrities as cover of the magazines are failing...
- BATTLE FOR THE BUNNY. Marek, Lynne // Crain's Chicago Business;7/19/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p1
The article reports that Marc Bell, chief executive officer (CEO) of Friend Finder Network Inc., and Hugh Hefner, founder of Playboy Enterprises Inc., are pitched against each other in the battle for the ownership of Playboy. Friend-Finder, which owns rival Penthouse and a pack of online dating...
- Sex And Sports On Coty's Latest Agenda. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/30/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 21, p7
The article presents information on the business expansion plans of the company Coty Beauty. The Adidas personal care brand and the Playboy fragrance franchise are driving Coty's global fragrance business. Coty is also launching a trio of Palyboy scents for women and signed retired soccer player...
- Shareholders' complaint: You can't take the playboy out of the mansion. Munk, Nina // New Yorker;07/12/99, Vol. 75 Issue 18, p25
Discusses the complaints of Playboy Enterprises shareholders against the company's president, Hugh Hefner. Profits of the company for 1998; How Hefner runs the company.
- Hugh's The Boss? BERCOVICI, JEFF // Forbes Asia;Mar2011, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p36
The article reports that Hugh M. Hefner, head of Playboy Enterprises Inc., has made a 207 million dollars deal to take the company private, after almost 40 years of its initial public offering.
- Private Time for Hef, Playboy. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/17/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p18
The article reports that the bid worth of 207 million dollars by Hugh Hefner had been accepted by special committee of independent directors in taking Playboy Enterprise Inc. in private.
- June 2, 2011, London. // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);6/13/2011, Vol. 157 Issue 24, p7
The article reports that Hugh Hefner, founder of Playboy magazine, posed with 10 London Bunnies in a re-creation of an iconic photo in the 1960s.
- Our turnoffs? Aging playboy's cheap advances. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/19/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p14
The article comments on Playboy Enterprises Inc.'s founder Hugh Hefner's bid to buy out the public shareholding for 5.50 dollars a share.
- Playboy goes west. Shteir, Rachel // Prospect;May2012, Issue 194, p50
The article focuses on the success and growth of Los Angeles-Based Playboy Enterprises Inc. It is stated that the Playboy magazine empire was founded by Hugh Hefner in 1953 and informs about the struggling work of the company from 1970 to 2009 to achieve success. It further discusses various...