- National Convention from a Distance. Aguirre, Raquel // Braille Monitor;Dec2012, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p1022
The article presents a reprint of the article "National Convention From a Distance," by Raquel Aguirre, which appeared in the September 2012 issue of "Que Pasa." The author recalls her first time experience of attending a convention of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) in comparison to...
- QUICK TAKES. Broad, Julie // Electronic Media;06/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p10
Highlights the views of electronic media executives about the most compelling aspects of streaming video. Technology that allows 360-degree streaming from BeHere.com; Media companies that segment audiences.
- Intertainer, Akamai to Get VOD Flowing. Freed, Ken // Multichannel News;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p44
Reports the deal between Intertainer Inc. and Akamai Technologies Inc. for motion picture and television program streaming to cable-modems and digital-subscriber-lines in the United States. Context of the deal; Implications for broadband video-on-demand; Impact on the national networking of...
- Can't Make It In Person? Sowinski, Lara L. // World Trade;Nov2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p40
Deals with the significance of telecommunications conferencing to business. Projection on the growth of the industry by 2005; Types of conferencing; Overview of streaming technology; How to get the most out of conferencing.
- We, the Acquisitionalists. Mettler, Mike // Sound & Vision;Jan2010, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p8
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the status of online music-streaming services by Kevin James and a review of BDP-CX7000ES Blu-ray disc changer from Sony Corp. by John Sciacca.
- When you go live on the Web, take these tips from a real survivor. Wonnacott, Laura // InfoWorld;03/19/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p61
Provides information on the Webcasting of streaming media. Benefits of streaming media; Preproduction process of Webcasting; Factors to be considered in shooting an event for streaming; Postproduction work in the Web media process.
- Full stream ahead. Morrison, Dianne See // New Media Age;11/21/2002, p32
Focuses on the streaming technology. Expected growth of the streaming market in Western Europe; Factors that have contributed to make streaming a more viable option in both the corporate and consumer worlds; Proof that the biggest possibilities for streaming can be found in education;...
- Streaming Videos. // Business Today;5/29/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p26
The article offers facts and information about live video streaming on the Internet.
- COMING SOON TO A CELL PHONE OR PDA NEAR YOU. Shreve, Jenn // Photo District News;Aug2001, Vol. 21 Issue 8, pPIX30
Explores the potential applications of live streaming video in photography.