- Regional TV under threat. // Televisual;Nov2002, p13
Reports on the problem facing independent television production outside London, England due to a continuing commercial pressures on broadcasters. Bias towards London-based program-making; Regional spending at all terrestrial broadcasters.
- Movers & Shakers. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/16/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 41, p18
Several photographs are presented depicting people from the television broadcasting industry at various industry and charity functions, along with commentary for each picture.
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;1/8/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p36
Several photographs that highlight the activities and television personalities at various events related to television broadcasting are presented.
- Put the violins away, the media industry has done pretty well. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign;12/9/2011, Issue 49, p16
The author discusses the large number of industry figures in the media industry.
- Managing AFD. Hau, Clarence // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);Feb2009, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p34
The article focuses on how to properly manage active format description (AFD) which has become the cornerstone of television broadcasters' strategies for management of aspect ratio throughout the delivery path to the home. It discusses related information including dual aspect ratio challenges,...
- Syndication marketplace. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/19/98, Vol. 128 Issue 3, p84
Presents information as it relates to television programs, broadcasters and television personalities and employees in the broadcasting industry. Details on the renewal of the Warner Brothers Domestic Television new magazine `Extra'; Naming of Steve Rosenberg as president of the domestic...
- Broadcast yourself. // PRWeek (London);3/23/2012, p22
The article examines whether firms should bypass traditional television (TV) channels and broadcast their own branded video and TV offerings online. It discusses new content opportunities and points out that online space has increasingly become the source where the younger generation get their...
- LOCAL LISTINGS. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;03/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p29
Reports developments in the broadcasting industry in the United States as of March 2001. Results of the WCCO-TV investigations on Metropolitan Transit bus services assaults; Details on the Edward R. Murrow Awards; Information on the break-in at the apartment of WFXT-TV reporter Deborah Sherman.
- Local anchors had no business in Colorado. Frohlichstein, Tripp // St. Louis Journalism Review;May99, Vol. 29 Issue 216, p7
Points at the need for television stations in Saint Louis, Missouri, to send local anchors to cover news on important events. Failure to provide information other than those coming from CNN or other stations; Poor coverage of the massacre incident in Littleton, Colorado; Reports on KDNL anchor,...