- Calendar. // Multichannel News;3/19/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p16
A calendar of events for the television (TV) broadcasting industry in the U.S. from March 20, 2012 to May 17, 2012 is presented which includes the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute classes from March 20-22, the 2012 National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show from April 14-19, and the...
- TV Is Going Off the Air. // Futurist;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p4
The article focuses on the statement of the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) regarding the decline of free over-the-air television (TV) viewing in the U.S. since 2005.
- IS RETRANSMISSON-CONSENT REFORM IN TV'S FUTURE? Eggerto, John // Multichannel News;1/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p16
The article offers information on the retransmission-consent reform for local television, wherein the National Association of Broadcaster (NAB) has launched a public-service campaign and a website TheFutureOfTV.org on January 4, 2011.
- Up and Over: OTT Hits Its Stride. ASHWORTH, SUSAN // TV Technology;5/13/2015, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p14
The article discusses the panel session Constant Cravings--Using OTT to Win the Next Generation of Viewers, held during the 2015 National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) convention, which focused on the use of over-the-top (OTT) services or Internet-delivered programs sold directly to consumers.
- DIGITAL TVS IN 50% OF U.S. HOUSEHOLDS. Teinowitz, Ira // Television Week;1/7/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p67
The article reports on the growth of digital televisions in U.S. households. The Consumer Electronics Association said recently that more than half of U.S. households, or 57 million-now own at least one set capable of receiving digital TV without a converter. Those sets, with an antenna, now can...
- A letter from the publishers. Chalon, Jonathan; Dunn, Larry // Multichannel News;12/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 50, pS2
The article offers information on the emergence of high-definition and digital television (DTV)-only broadcasting in the U.S. According to the Consumer Electronics Association, an estimated 16 million homes receive HD programming and that up to 20.4 percent of homes in key U.S. cities have HD...
- McCain gives nets airtime ultimatum. Crabtree, Susan // Daily Variety;6/17/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 52, p1
Reports on the call made by the Senate and the Federal Communications Commission for television broadcasters to increase their election news coverage and public affairs programming in the U.S. Impetus to the call made; Alternative plans of Senator John McCain should the request be ignored by the...
- NAB: Cable Firms Are Hoarding Spectrum. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;3/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on the call of the U.S. National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) to investigate what it alleged to be spectrum warehousing and hoarding.
- NAB: The measure of change. Romanek, Neal // TVB Europe;Apr2014, p45
The article discusses the changes made by the television broadcasting industry for the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show, an annual trade show organized by NAB, which will be held in 2015.