- FROM BARRIERS TO CHALLENGES: CAREER PERCEPTIONS OF WOMEN TV NEWS ANCHORS. Engstrom, Erika; Ferri, Anthony J. // Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly;Winter98, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p789
Presents information on a study which examined how women television news anchors in the 1990s are faring in terms of the career barriers they have faced in the past. Factors women perceived as obstacles to their career development; Method of the study; Results and discussion.
- Oh Mandy. Harry, Lou // Indianapolis Monthly;Dec2001, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p80
Reports the career developments of television (TV) personality Mandy Patinkin in the United States. Accounts on performances in the TV program 'Chicago Hope,'; Comparison of performances in TV and in music; Schedule of musical performances at Clowes Memorial Hall.
- Ryan reaps a role at WCBS. Riddell, Robert // Daily Variety;8/25/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 38, p2
Reports on the selection of former television anchor Jim Ryan as the newest recruit of WCBS-Television's "CBS 2 News This Morning."
- The Media Experience. // Management Services;Apr99, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p4
The article focuses on a media training course titled The Media Experience incorporating Radio and TV programmes by video suppliers Jaymedia. It is a training session on interview techniques. The participants of the training are from business, industry and public organisations in broadcast-style...
- WXTV waking up to Duran. Riddell, Robert // Daily Variety;12/8/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 49, p43
The article reports that Univision 41 WXTV has appointed reporter Merijoel Duran to be co-anchor of the network's weekday breakfast newscast, "Noticias Univision 41 Al Desperta."
- GMA Network's N&PA and Entertainment personalities top nationwide survey. // Filipino Reporter;11/2/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 48, p47
The article focuses on the results of a survey by research agency AGB Nielsen as of November 2012 on viewers' level of awareness and reception of television (TV) personalities from major free-to-air (FTA) channels in the Philippines.
- Sound Bites. // Entertainment Weekly;
Presents remarks from several television shows quoted from different television personalities.
- On the Air. Richmond, Ray // Entertainment Weekly;12/08/2000, Issue 572, p74
Reports news briefs that are related to television programs and personalities as of December 8, 2000.
- Regional TV under threat. // Televisual;Nov2002, p13
Reports on the problem facing independent television production outside London, England due to a continuing commercial pressures on broadcasters. Bias towards London-based program-making; Regional spending at all terrestrial broadcasters.