More Martha Shows Coming
- 'Martha' Has Work to Do. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;10/4/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p17
The article reports on the low ratings of the television program "The Martha Stewart Show."
- 'Tyra' banks gain but most syndies slide. Morfoot, Addie // Daily Variety;3/8/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 49, p25
The article reports that "The Tyra Banks Show" acquired the highest rating among other television programs in the U.S. Most of the shows had gathered a higher rating during the week of February 21 ending, where it indicates that the latter gets its best household ratings from women with ages 18...
- 'Tyra' banks on aud, tops 'Martha' again. Morfoot, Addie // Daily Variety;10/13/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 9, p9
Reports that "The Tyra Banks Show" continued to trump "The Martha Stewart Show" in its third week in the U.S. Increase of its ratings each week since its debut; Influence of the launch of show's secondary runs on the rise of show's rating; Percentage decline of the viewers of "Martha."
- 'MARTHA' BACK FOR A SECOND SEASON. Lisotta, Christopher // Television Week;12/12/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p3
The article reports on the return of the talk show "Martha," hosted by Martha Stewart, for its second season. The show has been cleared 90% in the U.S. for 2006-2007. It averaged a 1.7 household rating for the week ended November 27, 2005. The program's rating has been increasing in the women 25...
- THE WEEK. // Variety;7/1/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 7, p4
Presents news briefs on business and the film and television industries from July 1 to 14, 2002. Movie studios which plan to produce the live-action version of 'Peter Pan'; Ratings pulled by the debut of the 'Connie Chung Tonight' show at Cable News Network; Update on federal investigations of...
- Rookie syndies take outside knocks. Morfoot, Addie // Daily Variety;10/20/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 14, p4
Reports on the three television programs and their respective television ratings as of October 9, 2005. Decline of "The Martha Stewart Show" in the previous two week period due to the speech of U.S. President George W. Bush; Audience share increase of the television program "The Tyra Banks Show"...
- 'Alex' wins verdict with syndie auds. Morfoot, Addie // Daily Variety;10/26/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 18, p17
Reports on the high national ratings received by the television program "Judge Alex" in the U.S. Success of the show over "The Martha Stewart Show" and "The Tyra Banks Show"; Average ratings of the three shows among women 18-49 years-old; Performance of other established talk shows.
- The trouble with networks' past is they can't escape it. Bednarski, P.J. // Electronic Media;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p12
Presents comparisons of the past and present of United States broadcast network television. Meanings of ratings and audience share in the 1970s and 1990s.
- Webs must play sweeps for keeps. Lowry, Brian // Variety;12/5/94, Vol. 357 Issue 6, p25
Discusses the necessity of sweeps, ratings surveys used to assess performance of television programs. Comparison of network schedules; Statements from network executives; Use of preempting programs in the May surveys.