Playboy TV Goes Mainstream
- How television affects our children. Pinette, Gilles // Windspeaker;Jun2001, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p21
Comments on the influence of television to Canadian children. Themes and plots of television programs; Increase of social and psychological influence of television; Tips on television program viewing of parents for children.
- LESS THAN PERFECT. Phillips, Braden // Daily Variety;06/14/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 9, pA1
Comments on the dilemmas concocted by writers of television drama series in the United States. Pitting of physician's dedication to the Hippocratic oath with a physician's personal concern for the safety of his family in the program 'E.R.'; Highlighting of flaws in the character of...
- Soap operas: The old and the desperate. Bellafante, Ginia; Gregory, Sophronia Scott // Time;5/29/1995, Vol. 145 Issue 22, p73
Looks at the ways in which soap operas are struggling to increase their ratings, which are competing against the O.J. Simpson trial and talk shows. The role played by Deidre Hall on `Days of Our Lives'; Comments on the 1995 Daytime Emmy Awards; `General Hospital'; More.
- The Season to Be Jolly. Blake, Richard A. // America;12/29/1973, Vol. 129 Issue 22, p512
The author reflects on the television programs that are broadcasted every Christmas season in the U.S. He tackles the themes of programs such as "Catholics," "The World at War," and "The Corporation." He notes that these programs are certainly to be repeated over time and watching such shows...
- Trips to the other side. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/31/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 32, p36
Reports on Travel Channel's offering of programs with paranormal themes. Deviation of the network from its usual travelogue programs; Strategic significance of the network's move; Redirection of the network's thrust to frequent viewers; Financial problems confronting the network with its...
- A LITTLE MESSAGE ABOUT THE MEDIUM. Tullius, F. P. // New Yorker;5/26/1975, Vol. 51 Issue 14, p32
The article presents a television screenplay writer's letter to a colleague based in Hollywood. He traces the stories behind several of his past ideas for television series. These include dramatic series on dying, on an Orthodox Jew from New York who goes to India, becomes a yogi and settles in...
- Tube. Gliatto, Tom // People;4/22/96, Vol. 45 Issue 16, p15
Criticizes the television show pilot designed by Leon Lederman and Adrian Malone, which is meant to do for research scientists what `ER' did for emergency room doctors. How the show has been pitched to and rejected by several producers; Why the show, called `GRALE,' would fail to interest...
- Mum's the word. Ascher-Walsh, Rebecca // Entertainment Weekly;4/29/94, Issue 220, p61
Reports on the trend in television programs of featuring pregnant characters. CBS' `Broken Promises: Taking Emily Back'; CBS' `Scattered Dreams'; NBC's `Moment of Truth'.
- Male fraud on TV. Csatari, Jeffrey; Cooper, Al // Men's Health (10544836);Jun95, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p36
Lists episodes of television shows and their hosts that deal with male-bashing.