Genachowski Back to Drawing Board
- Internet Cop. Suderman, Peter // Reason;Mar2011, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p20
The article focuses on the concept of net neutrality and the U.S. government's efforts to regulate Internet. It is said that Julius Genachowski, chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), seems to be looking for ways to control the Web's network infrastructure and he is hiding...
- Keep the Web's Lanes Clear. Titch, Steven // Multichannel News;10/5/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p29
The author discusses the plan of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski to add a rule aimed at prohibiting Internet service providers from applying any network or bandwidth management technique to improve Internet service. The author discusses Internet...
- Should the Government Adopt Rules on Web Fair Play? NO. Esbin, Barbara S. // U.S. News Digital Weekly;11/20/2009, Vol. 1 Issue 44, p11
The article presents a negative opinion on the issue of whether the U.S. government adopts new regulation to impose fair play in the Internet. It argues that there is no need yet for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to interfere on how business is being done on the Web. It cites,...
- NEW YEAR, RENEWED NEEDS FOR RURAL TELCOS. Henry, Anna // Rural Telecom;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p26
No abstract available.
- Obama's tech guy brings a new savvy to the FCC. Hart, Kim // Hill;9/9/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 99, p1
The article focuses on the upgrade plans of the new U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski for the administrative agency's technology infrastructure.
- Obama nominates Genachowski to head FCC. JACKSON, DONNY // Urgent Communications;Apr2009, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p8
The article announces that U.S. President Barack Obama nominated Julius Genachowski as the new permanent chairman of the FCC.
- Obama friend heads for FCC. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;1/14/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 9, p1
The article reports that U.S. President-elect Barack Obama has nominated his campaign adviser Julius Genachowski as head of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- At the center of the storm. C.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p94
Profiles Julius Genachowski, Chief Counsel to US Federal Communications Commission Chairman Reed Hundt. Personal history; Career background; Accomplishments; Educational background; Philosophy.
- Moving Toward Next-Gen 911. // Emergency Management;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p14
The article describes a five-point plan proposed by Julius Genachowski, chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which aims to move the nation toward next-generation 911 (NG911).