- Hooked Up. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/30/98, Vol. 128 Issue 49, p115
Presents news briefs concerning cable television companies in the United States. Deal reached by Viewer's Choice with Rainbow Media to carry Rainbow's fledgling Radio City Television; Information on the 25 days of Christmas programming by Fox Family Channel; Extension of the contract of Charles...
- The Cablers. Bernstein, Paula // Variety;11/15/99, Vol. 377 Issue 1, p32
Presents news briefs on cable television industry in the United States. Slate of the telefilm projects of Nickelodeon; Details on the talk show of Charles Grodin; Appointment of Dennis Quinn as executive vice president and general manager at TBS.
- In Brief: Buzz Filter. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;1/14/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p8
The article offers cable television (TV) industry news briefs of the U.S. in 2013 including the launch of Videoscape Unity, a video delivery version, from Cisco Systems Inc., debut of a coffee tablet from Lenovo Inc. and demonstration of web-based TV interface from Motorola Mobility Inc.
- Inside Media. Torpey-Kemph, Anne // MediaWeek;01/31/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p41
Presents news briefs on mass media in the United States. Political commentator for Indecision 2000 campaign coverage of Comedy Central; Team up between TBS Superstation and Alliance Atlantis to produce an original martial arts pilot for TBS; Promotion of Ed Fones as vice president publishing...
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.
- Top 20 Cable TV Networks, 1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p189
No abstract available.
- Cable companies. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p22
Ranks cable companies in New Jersey by number of homes wired in 1997. Includes Comcast Cablevision of New Jersey; TCI of Northern New Jersey; Garden State Cable TV; TKR Cable Co.; Cablevision of Monmouth.
- Untitled. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p34
Reports on developments in the broadcasting and cable industries. Settlement of General Instrument and Scientific-Atlanta's patent dispute regarding scrambling systems for satellite and cable signals; Development by Texas Instruments of computer chips incorporating the Dolby AC-3 audio...