New Tech Shapes Networks' Strategies
- RENTRAK: TIME-SHIFTED TELEVISION VIEWING INCREASED 40% IN 2012. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;4/22/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p8
The article discusses data from information and research services company Rentrak Corp. which found that the total time spent by viewers in watching all time-shifted television content in the U.S. has increased by 40% in 2012 from 2011.
- CLASSIC FM TV MAKES STRONG DEBUT. Stewart, Andrew // Music Week;2/1/2003, Issue 4, p18
Introduces the television station Classic FM Tv in Great Britain. Surveys on the number of television audiences; Strategic plans of Classic FM controller and managing director Roger Lewis; Viability of digital arts and specialist music broadcasting.
- VOLUME CONTROL. // Multichannel News;4/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p30
The article presents blogs from various people posted on the network "Project Runaway." Wayne Friedman expresses that electronic mail exchanges connect parties and individuals together. Dan Miller said that the network had moved into lifetime both in perplexing and offensive. While, Annie Wu...
- Program loudness What satisfies listeners? Riedmiller, Jeff // Broadcast Engineering;Jan2004, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p30
Reports on the importance of audio level in television systems in the U.S. Significance of the speech elements to viewers; Experiment on the better loudness management; Assessment of program levels.
- New ratings systems hyped. Silverman., Robert; Cox, Dan // Variety;2/7/94, Vol. 354 Issue 1, p25
Reports on the National Television Audience Measurement's operation of Systems for Measuring and Reporting Television (SMART), a prototype television ratings laboratory. Use of television metering and program-coding devices; Reactions; Applications; Competition with Nielsen's.
- BBC iPlayer chief has a go at smart TV makers. Hunter, Philip // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;3/5/2012, p2
The article states that the rising demand for catch-up services and the red button facility on remote controls is driving the increased usage phenomenon for connected television. However, the lack of user-friendly features is hampering the wider consumer acceptance for the iPlayer. It is...
- Missing the digital boat? // Televisual;Dec2005, p9
The article presents the author's view on the response of broadcasters to digital technology in Great Britain. He shows the conditions and the challenges confronting the broadcasting industry in the country. He calls on the broadcasters to take advantage of technology to gain and re-build its...
- Technology and ingenuity point the way to the next level of interactivity for ads. Reid, Alasdair // Campaign (UK);4/17/2003, Issue 16, p14
The article focuses on the use of technology and ingenuity to create interactive advertisements in Great Britain. Interactive advertisements are conducted via a choice of return paths, including the Internet, conventional phone lines, and, most importantly of all, SMS text messaging. Nike and...
- If R2D2 Controlled the Remote. SPAAN, CAITLIN // Multichannel News;8/11/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p31
The author discusses miscellaneous aspects of digital programming including use of digital technology by broadcasters for personalized experience, increase in viewers' engagement and increase in demand for personalized television experience.