Record-Breaking HY Market Enters Uncertain 2011
- Global Volatility Hurts HY Returns, Ups Yields. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/28/2014, p10
The article reports that the volatility in the global asset and bond market has weakened the performance of high yield bonds in the international market in July 2014.
- Fitch: Eurozone Sees Risk in HY. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;11/19/2012, p27
The article discusses the results of a survey by Fitch Ratings which found that majority of investors in Europe consider European volatility as the biggest threat to European junk bond issuance.
- High Yield Funds See Fewer Withdrawals. Colter, Allison BIsbey // High Yield Report;8/22/2011, p8
The article reports that withdrawals from high yield bonds slowed down in the week ended August 17, 2011 as the market volatility weakened.
- Fitch: Refi Drives Lev Finance in Q2. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/29/2013, p7
The article reports on the volatility in the high yield bond market in the U.S. due to the refinancing efforts of business enterprises in the second quarter of 2013.
- Investors Still Waiting for Covenant Upside. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;9/6/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p1
The article reports that investors are expecting that junk bond covenants would be favourable to them. According to head of high yield for Invesco Fixed Income Peter Ehret, credit got difficult to borrow and the market was closed to almost everybody at one point and he is disappointed. It notes...
- Junk Issuance Is Back In Black. Sheahan, Matthew // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/5/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the impact of high-yield bonds in the U.S. Martin Teevan, a senior managing director of high-yield bonds, states that the come back of high-yields is a good scenario for the new-issue market because there is a lot of money to be put to work given new inflows, coupon...
- Investors Still Waiting for Covenant Upside. // High Yield Report;9/6/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p11
The article discusses the condition of the market for junk bond covenants as of September 2010. Peter Ehret, head of high yield for Invesco Fixed Income, explains that credit got very difficult to borrow and the market was closed to almost everybody at one point. The financial sponsor factor is...
- High Yield Bonds Adjust to a Volatile Q2. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;7/5/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p1
The article reports that the U.S. junk bond market is entering a period of volatility as many companies pulled issues from the market in the second quarter of 2010. The market has slowed down to the extent that the observers who once predicted that the 2010 issue volume will reach or exceed the...
- No Rest for High Yield in Q3, Busy Q4 Likely. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/4/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p18
This article assesses the performance of the junk bond market in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2010. It expects demand for junk funds to continue to increase. However, it expresses concerns over the impact of volatility in the economy on the market. The article also predicts more mergers and...