Depressed Home Prices Hurt Banking Recovery
- Contagion fears grow over Greek debt risks. Brennan, Henry // Fund Strategy;6/20/2011, p8
The article reports that fears grew of contagion from Greece's financial crisis in June 2011 after the ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. reviewed three leading French banks because of their investments in Greek debt.
- Middle Market CLOs Boost US CDO Market. // Bank Loan Report;12/1/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p10
Discusses a report issued by Moody's Investors Service Inc. on the performance of the United States collateralized debt obligation market in the third quarter of 2003.
- Moody's Lowers 28 Spanish Banks On Country Risk. // American Banker;6/27/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 99, p5
The article discusses Moody's Investors Service's downgrading the credit ratings of Spanish banks including Banco Santander and Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria because of Spain's sovereign debt and real estate loan problems.
- Eminent Domain A Negative but Is Unlikely to Spread. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;8/12/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 31, p1
The article presents information on mortgage-related eminent domain plan in Richmond, California termed as negative in terms of home loan securitizations in a report issued by Moody's Investors Service Inc. According to Moody, residential mortgage-backed security (RMBS) loans' recovery will be...
- Trough of the 'U' Aspan, Maria; Berry, Kate; Terris, Harry // American Banker;9/10/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 170, p9
The article reports on house prices in the U.S. A senior vice president at Mood's Investors Service Incorporated Navneet Agarwal believes that prices are unlikely to appreciate for a prolonged period of time. A majority of the units that are expected to foreclose in 2009 are still working...
- Moody's sieht Ã–sterreichs Banken weiterhin kritisch. // Risiko Manager;2013, Issue 6, p4
An evaluation of the banking system of Austria by financial services company Moody Investor Services is presented.
- Wells Fargo Breaks Triple-A Wall With Moody's Upgrade. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;9/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31730, p7
Reports on the initiative taken by Moody's Investors Sevice Inc. in upgrading Wells Fargo Bank & Co.'s senior debt and its bank subsidiaries in the U.S. Opportunity for the company to position a unique spot as the only triple-A bank; Benefits of the upgrade among its businesses; Total issues...
- Banking on Our Banks to Pull Us Through. Iyer, Savita // High Yield Report;6/16/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p2
Cites the findings of a Moody's Investors Service report 'Banking System Outlook,' where the rating agency extolled the virtues of the U.S. banking system.
- Moody's downgrades 5 Japanese banks. Fowler, Brian // American Banker;5/28/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 100, p26
Reports that on May 27, 1998, Moody's Investors Services said it has downgraded five major Japanese banks credit and financial strength ratings, in a sign of sagging confidence in Japan's financial system. Number of banks put on review for possible downgrading by Moody; What prompted the move...