Bankruptcies Diminished by Open Junk Market
- Bankruptcies heighten fears in junk market. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/12/98, Vol. 64 Issue 41, p8
Focuses on the impact of the growing number of bankruptcies on the stability of the junk bond market in the United States for the fourth quarter of 1998. Analysts' assurance that default rates in the country are lower when judged against historical levels; Drivers of junk bond defaults include...
- Bankruptcies may be sign of things to come. // High Yield Report;09/06/99, Vol. 10 Issue 34, p1
Analyzes the impact of the bankruptcies of satellite companies IC Global and IridIum LLC for other high yield issuers.
- April's Bankrupt Bonds Index: Volatile, but Ending in the Black. Stuart, Scott // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;05/31/99, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p11
Offers information on the bankrupt bond index postings in the United States for the month of April 1999. Forecast on the volatility of bankrupt bonds; Statistical information on the default rate of junk bonds; Reason for the high number of issues in bankruptcy.
- COMPANY NEWS. // Leveraged Finance News;1/9/2012, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p7
The article reports that speculations regarding Eastern Kodak Co.'s plan to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection has increased demands for longer-dated junk bonds.
- Lyondell Seeks $3.25B for Exit Financing. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;3/15/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p22
The article reports on the plans of Houston, Texas-based LyondellBasell chemical company to exit bankruptcy protection by offering 3.25 billion U.S. dollars worth of junk bonds and senior term loan facilities to be handled by the Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- Municipal Market Data General Obligation Yields. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p36
Presents chart depicting the rating of general obligation high-yields junk bonds in the U.S.
- Why new junk bond issues came back from the cold. Grad, Michael // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p29
Discusses various aspects of the bonds issues market in the United States. Characteristics of surge in bonds market from 1986-1989; Number of corporations that issued high-yield bonds in 1992; Decline in average size per bonds issuer; Events that had an impact on bond issues market; Rates for...
- A junk sellers' market. Maher, Philip // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/07/97, Vol. 63 Issue 27, p2
Reports on the impressive underwriting performance of the junk bonds market in the United States. Warnings of market observers; Creation of additional categories for the market by Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Increases of the 144A deals; Expansion of the market in Europe.
- Junk market conditions said to be near perfect. Bender, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/07/97, Vol. 63 Issue 27, p16
Reports on the growth of the junk bonds market in the United States. Factors creating the near-perfect condition of the market; Top high-yield debt deals as of June 24, 1997; Growth of the junk bonds market in Europe; Expansion of Rule 144A; Excesses of the inflows into the high-yield mutual funds.