Banks Provide $1.09B CF for Tech Buyout
- Banks Provide $1B for Tech Deal. Clouse, Carol // American Banker;12/29/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 200, p16
Brief information is given about Attachmate Corp.'s deal to buy Novell technology firm with financing from four financial services companies including Credit Suisse, Citadel Securities, and Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Novell Sale Disappoints. Cody, Tamika // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/29/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p10
The article reports on the decision of Novell to enter into a merger deal with Attachmate Corp. which is valued at 2.2 billion dollars.
- Novell & SUSE: What's next? Brooks, Jason // eWeek;5/16/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p6
A blog from Jason Brooks on the future of Novell Inc. and SUSE Linux AG after their takeover by The Attachmate Group Inc. is presented
- Novell IP Sale Draws Critics. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2011, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p11
The article informs that the Open Source Initiative (OSI) has approached German antitrust regulators to investigate Novell Inc.'s deal with private equity (PE)-backed Attachmate Corp. and dissociation of the intellectual property associated with CPTN Holdings to Microsoft Corp.
- Attachmate has high hopes for Novell products. // Network World;5/23/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p10
The article reports that Attachmate Corp. is intending to revitalize the sales and technology developments of the end-user computing products after acquiring Novell Inc. in the U.S.
- Banks Prep $1.09B CF for Tech Buyout. C. J. C. // Leveraged Finance News;1/3/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the move of Seattle, Washington-based information technology (IT) company Attachmate Corp. to secure a 1.09 billion U.S. dollars debt package for its acquisition of software provider Novell Inc. It states that the company owners along with Elliott Management Co. will...
- Novell IP Sale Draws Critics. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/3/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p11
The article reports that the Open Source Initiative (OSI) sent a letter to the German Federal Cartel Office regarding the sale of Novell to Attachmate Corp. and its intellectual property to Microsoft. OSI is contesting the creation of CPTN Holdings as a disruption to competition. Investors in...
- NetWare's future may include a Web server, but Bobby's isn't as bright. Cringely, Robert X. // InfoWorld;6/10/96, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p118
Discusses computer-related rumors heard from the field. Novel Inc.'s inclusion of a Web server in NetWare by the end of 1996; Possible cooperation between Attachmate and a oalition of banks to provide secure online banking via the Internet; Problems with the AOLHELL hacker program for America...
- DOJ Patent Investigation Mires Novell Acquisition. // Channel Insider;3/14/2011, p1
The article reports on the investigation conducted by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) on 822 patents involving Novell Inc. acquisition. It notes that the 2.2-billion-dollar acquisition of Novell by Attachmate Corp. has run into a legal battle because of the 822 patents that will be sold to...