Clearwater Closes Cellu Tissue Deal
- MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS: Clearwater Paper to acquire Cellu Tissue in US for $502M. // PPI: Pulp & Paper International;Oct2010, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p7
The article announces that Clearwater Paper Corp. agreed to acquire Cellu Tissue Holdings Inc. for approximately $502 million.
- Clearwater set to raise $375 million. Scoff, Chey // Journal of Business (10756124);10/21/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 22, pA3
The article offers information on the plans of Clearwater Paper Corp. to raise funds to finance the acquisition of Cellu Tissue Holdings Inc. in Spokane, Washington.
- Clearwater Paper won't split in two. Lind, Treva // Journal of Business (10756124);10/11/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 22, pA1
The article informs that Spokane, Washington-based Clearwater Paper Corp., maker of tissue and paperboard products, has postponed its planning to split into two separate entities. It mentions that the company is now focusing on its strategic goals which include the operations of Cellu Tissue...
- Weston Presidio to buy Cellu Tissue. // Pulp & Paper;Jul2006, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p7
The article reports on an agreement signed by Weston Presidio regarding the acquisition of Cellu Tissue, a manufacturer of specialty papers and tissue paper in North America. The purchase price includes the debt of Cellu Tissue to be paid by Weston Presidio. Cellu Tissue shareholders still need...
- Cellu Tissue Holdings purchases CityForest. // Pulp & Paper;May2007, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p11
The article reports on the acquisition of CityForest by Cellu Tissue Holdings for an undisclosed amount in March 2007. It states that the purchase helped Cell Tissue to increase its total tissue capacity to 225,000 tons/year and elevate its rank from ninth to seventh largest North American...
- Cellu Tissue workers sign 3-year contracts. // Pulp & Paper;Aug2001, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p18
Reports that mill employees at Cellu Tissue's Menominee, Michigan, and Gouverneur, New York, ratified three-year contracts in April and May 2001, respectively, to prevent the company from subcontracting non-union employees.
- Three Companies to Tap HY Market for $1.1B. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/25/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p27
the article reports on the plans of Ashland, Cellu Tissue Holding and Corrections Corp. to issue a 1.1 billion U.S. dollars worth of new high yield bonds in May 2009. Ashland, for one, expects to offer 600 million U.S. dollars in senior notes due to mature in 2017. Cellu Tissue, will price 230...
- MGM to Tap HY Market for $1.5B. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/18/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p5
The article reports on the plan of Las Vegas, Nevada-based casino operator MGM Mirage to price 1.5 billion U.S. dollars in high yield bonds on May 18, 2009 as part of its refinancing strategy. The company intends to offer 1.5 billion U.S. dollars in senior secured notes in two tranches, due 2014...
- Cellu Tissue idles St. Catharines PM. // Pulp & Paper;Dec2005, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p8
The article announces the plan of Cellu Tissue to indefinitely idle one of its three machines at its Interlake Paper mill in St. Catherines, Ontario. The fourdrinier paper machine can make a variety of papers such as waxing base paper and fast food sandwich wraps. Employees affected by the...