Blockbuster Seeks Extension For Exclusivity
- Blockbuster Judge Extends Reorg Filing Deadline. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;1/24/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the decision of federal bankruptcy court judge Burton Lifland to extend the deadline for Blockbuster Inc. to file its plan of reorganization to March 21, 2011 from January 14, 2011.
- Analysts: Spinoff Dividend Won't Bust Blockbuster. Wagner, Holly J. // Video Store Magazine;6/27/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p1
States that the spinoff dividend paid by Blockbuster Video to Viacom will not affect the business initiative of Blockbuster. Ownership of Viacom on Blockbuster stock as a result of the spinoff; Loan secured by Blockbuster to fund the payout; Reorganization of the corporate structure of Blockbuster.
- Untitled. Dixon, Annabel // Estates Gazette;11/2/2013, Issue 1344, p03
The article reports on the notice of intention filed by DVD and games chain Blockbuster to appoint an administrator in November 2013. Topics discussed include the restructuring of the business, effort by turnaround specialist Gordon Brothers to develop a digital platform and collapse of...
- Movie Gallery goes on PowerPlay for its bricks-and-mortar stores. Maul, Kimberly // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);Sep2009, p47
The article reports on the rise of Movie Gallery Inc. from its bankruptcy in May 2008. It states that Movie Gallery Inc. offers discounts to its new membership program , PowerPlay, and no late fees that enables them to utilize an integrated campaign in the promotion of its new services. It...
- Blockbuster Nears Leaving Viacom Fold in Split-Off. Sikora, Martin // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Aug2004, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p21
Presents information on the restructuring of Viacom Inc. and its separation from Blockbuster International Inc. in the U.S. Critical element of the restructuring project; Background on the oversubscribed offer of the separation; Percentage of stake of Viacom at Blockbuster.
- CIRCUIT BREAKER. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/21/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p32
The article discusses the $1 billion plus made by Blockbuster as the content world goes all-digital distribution. It is suggested that with the earnings made by Blockbuster, reinforcements will be undertaken to its bricks-and-mortar footprint with a hostile bid for Circuit City Stores....
- Viacom Belatedly Spins Blockbuster. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p47
Reports on the decision of Viacom Inc. to spin off the Blockbuster video store chain. Reasons for splitting the company; Free cash flow generated by Viacom in 2003; Remarks of Viacom chairman Sumner Redstone on the spin-off decision.
- Blockbuster lays off commercial supremo. Johnson, Branwell // Marketing Week;1/27/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that advertising agency Blockbuster Inc. commercial vice-president Steve Foulser has left the company following a restructure that has made his position redundant. Former Mothercare marketing director Foulser joined Blockbuster as marketing director in 2001. He left...
- Blockbuster Stock Delists, And Keeps CEO on Board. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/12/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p3
The article reports on the efforts of Dallas, Texas-based DVD/Blu-ray disc rental chain Blockbuster to solve its financial problems. The company's stock has been delisted from the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and is now posted on the Over-the-Counter Bulletin Board (OTCBB). The company added...