A&P DIP Loan Allocates, Trades Above OID
- Court Approves A&P Plan; Martin Remains CEO. Hamstra, Mark // Supermarket News Expert Blog;3/5/2012, p12
The article reports that the U.S. Bankruptcy Court has approved the Chapter 11 reorganization plan of retailer, A&P. The retailer's plan involves debt financing of 490 million U.S. dollars from Yucaipa Companies after labor contract renegotiations and closure of unprofitable stores in 2011. The...
- A&P seeks a chain reaction. Temes, Judy // Crain's New York Business;9/23/96, Vol. 12 Issue 39, p3
Reports on the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co.'s plan to open new stores and renovate existing stores in an attempt to revive its operations. Poor performance of the company since 1992; Company's plan to invest #310 million into new stores; Factors that influenced the financial performance of...
- Combo outlets coming on strong in A&P's strategy. Reynolds, Mike // Drug Topics;6/13/94, Vol. 138 Issue 11, p118
Reports on A&P Co.'s opening of combination stores. Store features; Consumer buying behavior in food store trips; Expansion strategy according to corporate affairs vice president Michael Rourke.
- A&P butts out. // Chain Store Age;Aug96, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p37
Reports on Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co.'s decision to remove all cigarette vending machines from its retail stores last July 1996. Other measures in the chain's campaign to prevent minors from purchasing cigarettes in its stores.
- The grocer as publisher. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Feb95, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p46
Features the A&P supermarket chain based in Montvale, New Jersey. Advertising production week; Application of advanced desktop publishing technologies; History of the company; Change in corporate culture.
- Hitting the top. L.L. // Progressive Grocer;Nov96, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p18
Reports on the achievements of A & P, as a top marketer by `Advertising Age' magazine. Private label program of A & P under the America's Choice banner.
- A&P Wants Exclusivity Extension. Rozens, Aleksandrs // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/7/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p21
The article reports that the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. requested for an extension for the period during which it can file and solicit votes for its bankruptcy plan.
- A&P revamping miles of aisles. Kanter, Larry // Crain's New York Business;06/28/99, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p3
Reports on the revamp of operations of Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. to catch up with its competitors. Closing of underperforming stores; Remodeling and converting small stores into superstores; Estimated cost of revamping; Marketing changes; Comparison with competitors' market share and...
- BLTs on line. // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p44
Reports on A&P's multiyear technology partnership with on-line developer Cybermeals for Web sites for its stores. Company's acceptance of on-line orders for take-out from its delis and bakeries.