Boucher Targets Spectrum Sales
- FCC spectrum auction gains support from key lawmakers. Jerome, Sara // Hill;7/30/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 91, p13
The article reports on the bill introduced by Representatives Cliff Stearns and Rick Boucher, who lead the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Communications subcommittee, that will empower the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to make voluntary incentive auctions to free up spectrum for...
- Make privacy a corporate priority. Spiezle, Craig // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);Aug2010, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p50
The author reflects on the conflicts between core business objectives and privacy definitions and data governance policies in the U.S. The issue of the privacy and data security implications for companies using behavioral targeting and location-based data to provide services to users is...
- BILL PROPOSES CUTTING STATE OUT OF VoIP REGULATION. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;7/12/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 14, p7
Reports on the introduction of a bill that would pre-empt state regulators on voice over internet protocol and other advance services by Florida Representative Cliff Stearns and Virginia Representative Rick Boucher. Provisions of the Stearns-Boucher bill; Benefits of the bill for...
- Bill would give regulators VoIP oversight, compensate
Bells for making connection. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;7/12/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p13
Presents information on a legislation introduced by U.S. Representatives Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) and Rick Boucher (D-Va.) regarding oversight of Voice-over-Internet-Protocol applications in the U.S. in 2004. Provisions of the proposed Advanced Internet Communications Services Act of 2004 (AICS);...
- Broadband Plan Hits the Right Notes. Harris, Shane // National Journal;3/27/2010, p19
The article discusses the highlights of a panel discussion hosted by this journal on the national broadband plan of the U.S. Federal Communications Commissions (FCC). The blueprint was discussed by Representative Rick Boucher (D-Va.), chairman of the House of Energy and Commerce Committee's...
- Voluntary TV spectrum auctions. Martin, Harry C. // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);Oct2010, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p18
The article reports on the move of Representatives Rick Boucher and Cliff Stearns to approve the Voluntary Incentive Auctions Act of 2010 for television (TV) broadcasting development in the U.S. It states that legislation would prohibit the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) from reclaiming...
- 700 MHz: Further Delay Looms. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;07/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 30, p3
Reports that the auction of third-generation (3G) wireless technology licenses at 700 MHz might be delayed again in the United States in 2000. Implications of another delay; Remarks from Representative Rick Boucher (D-Va.); Suggestion of wireless carriers to the Federal Communications Commission.
- Q&A Rep. Boucher praises FCC, begins work on net neutrality legislation. Hart, Kim // Hill;9/29/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 109, p4
An interview with U.S. chairperson of the House Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet, Representive Rick Boucher, is presented in which he discussed his position on the net neutrality legislation issues.
- FCC employee on loan to congressman. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;01/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p6
Details the naming of Mark Rubin into the United States Office of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs. Career history; Representative Rick Boucher as his boss.