Dish Averts STELA Carriage Mandate
- EchoStar, Networks Face Retrans Deadline. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;05/22/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p63
Reports that a retransmission consent dispute is brewing over the nearing deadline for direct-broadcast satellite carriers to reach deals with television networks. Status of EchoStar Communications Corp.'s negotiations for retransmission-consent deals with major networks; Reaction of consumers...
- GIZMO DOWNLOAD. // Multichannel News;9/5/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p26
The article offers brief information on the portable satellite system Tailgater from Dish Network Corp.
- Registered MSOs for DAS areas touch 275 mark; cancellations total 29. // Indiantelevision.com;7/13/2015, p9
The article reports that the total number of registered multi-system operators (MSO) across India has reached 275, in which 60 of them have given provisional registration. Topics covered include the MSO licenses that were cancelled including Kal Cables, the MSO that were given permanent...
- Licensing made easy. MUNDELL, IAN // Daily Variety;8/23/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 38, p5
The article reports on the European Commission's introduction of a simplified procedure to license mobile television and other satellite services in Europe. If the proposed procedure is approved, the first bids would be invited in 2008 for services to launch in 2009. According to the commission,...
- Web license for Fox Japan. Schilling, Mark // Daily Variety;6/11/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 47, p8
The article reports on the applications for broadcast satellite digital channels by various companies in Japan. It mentions the Fox Japan as one of the nine companies that are fixed to acquire license to manage a satellite broadcast web. It also mentions several successful applicants for...
- A Dish also served online. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;8/25/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the online video portal unveiled by Dish Network Corp. to give access to its satellite subscribers live and recorded shows, films and additional content to make content available online.
- MOBILE DISRUPTOR. // Total Telecom+;Feb2013, p4
The article discusses the impact of the move by U.S. satellite television provider Dish Network to lodge a 3.30-U.S. dollar-per-share offer for Clearwire on the telecommunication side of the industry.
- Sprint and DISH to Trial Fixed Wireless Broadband Service. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Dec2013, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p14
The article informs that the telecommunications firm Sprint Corp. and the satellite television service provider DISH Network Corp. are planning to jointly deploy a fixed wireless broadband service, on a trial basis, in Corpus Christi, Texas, which is going to be available in the middle of 2014.
- ESPN and Disney/ABC Television Group Launch WATCH Authenticated Products to DISH Customers. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Mar2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p12
The article announces that DISH Network Corporation, a provider of quality satellite television programming, and Walt Disney Company, an American, diversified multinational mass media firm, has made available the WATCH ABC, WATCH ABC Family, WATCH Disney Channel, WATCH Disney XD and Watch ESPN.